Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

HBO Max Roku Directv

I have access to HBO Max through Directv.

When I try to open HBO Max in Roku I am asked to renew a subscription through Roku Pay.

I want to use my Directv log in for access. 

How?

19 Replies

Cannot Access HBO MAX via Cable Provider

Finally HBO MAX is available Smiley LOL!!!  I loaded the channel/app on my ROKU Ultra but only had the option to subscribe to HBO MAX through ROKU and not through my cable provider Direct TV.  Help!!!!!

Level 13

Re: Cannot Access HBO MAX via Cable Provider

That would be a function of HBO Max - you can research your issue and reach out to them via https://help.hbomax.com/

0 Kudos
Level 8

Have had the same problem. I can get HBO MAX on my phone and Kindle but tried to login the HBOMAX app I was able to download to my Roku 3 and Premiere+. There us no option for cable provider log in like Starz has and HBO GO had. After each failed code was given another website to try. Tried each one with a different code and none were recognized. This is a work around that should not have to contend with. They need a direct link to cable options that I have not found. After first login try I noticed it was HBO NOW at the top of the screen not HBO GO that I had previously.

Anyone know an easier way to get access with cable provider info would be greatly appreciated. 

Level 13

Again, this is something for HBO Max to help you with.  https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

0 Kudos
Level 7

I just used my sign in credentials that I have from HBO to enter HBO Max

0 Kudos

Delete the app and then add it back to your Roku.  That worked for me.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: HBO Max Roku Directv

You will have to ask HBO about that. There should be some way to authenticate the channel, but only the developer of the channel can assist with that. HBO is the developer of that channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 8

I will check with HBO about that but it is clearly a Roku problem. The only option I am opening the app is to renew the subscription.

An expired free trial subscription that says it is Roku Pay.

0 Kudos
Level 20

Only the old HBO Go was for subscribers from other services like Directv, but it was turned off for good. See if they will give a hbo log in credentials instead of Directv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos