Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

Re: Cannot Access HBO MAX via Cable Provider

First of all, ignore the posts above saying it is not Roku's fault. If you previously subscribed to HBO through Roku and then cancelled, Roku still has that data and the app uses it. Roku WANTS you to use this defunct subscription...it costs you money that they get.

Second of all, if you are forced to use a cancelled login, just go with the flow, go to the top menu, go all the way right and logout. Then try to play a video (any video), and it will allow you to either start a new subscription or an existing sub. Note you will need to lo in via a computer or phone first as well. 

0 Kudos
Lisapin99
Level 8

Re: HBO Max Roku Directv

I have the same problem with roku/hbomax.  It doesn’t ask for my cable provider  it works fine using an online hbomax app.

0 Kudos
DodoSB
Level 7

I had the same problem when I added hboMAX to my Directv account and tried to access it via RokuTv, after preciously having HboMax via Roku: SOLUTION=you must log out out of your Roku HboMAX account even though you are not subscribed.

The Roku HBOMax start page is awful but here's how to do that mysterious move: When the app upon opening demands that you 'resubscribe', look for the SMALL symbols in the top left of the screen. Scroll over to the 'O' circle symbol and click. It will take you to another page with a list of options across the top: scroll all the way over to the right past "Do NOt Share My Information" and the Logout will appear. Logout and then go back and follow the prompts as to how to activate your HboMax using access obtained through Directv, or Cable Co, etc..

Lisapin99
Level 8

It worked!!!   Thank you!  I don’t know if I could do it again, lol!  

0 Kudos
Glenn53895389
Level 7

Re:i have hbo max but roku won,t let me sign in without credit card info

0 Kudos
Glenn53895389
Level 7

Re: Re:i have hbo max but roku won,t let me sign in without credit card info

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Are you saying you can't sign into the HBO Max channel, or that you can't set up your Roku without a credit card? Two different things. Since you've posted here, that means you already have a Roku user account. There's no request for CC info when you link a Roku device to a user account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rlof2453
Level 8

I have HBO Max paid as part of my Directv/ATT internet package. 
There was no way that I could find to sign in the HBO Max app in Roku using those credentials. 
Ultimately I just gave up and created a new HBO Max account through Roku. 
In essence I now pay twice for the service. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@rlof2453 wrote:

I have HBO Max paid as part of my Directv/ATT internet package. 
There was no way that I could find to sign in the HBO Max app in Roku using those credentials. 
Ultimately I just gave up and created a new HBO Max account through Roku. 
In essence I now pay twice for the service. 

My Max is though my AT&T cellular account, and I had no issues logging in with those credentials. It's been just long enough since I did the login I can't remember precisely what the steps were. But there was an option to login with alternate credentials. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lisapin99
Level 8

Follow Dodo’s steps above.  It worked for me.

I had the same problem when I added hboMAX to my Directv account and tried to access it via RokuTv, after preciously having HboMax via Roku: SOLUTION=you must log out out of your Roku HboMAX account even though you are not subscribed.

The Roku HBOMax start page is awful but here's how to do that mysterious move: When the app upon opening demands that you 'resubscribe', look for the SMALL symbols in the top left of the screen. Scroll over to the 'O' circle symbol and click. It will take you to another page with a list of options across the top: scroll all the way over to the right past "Do NOt Share My Information" and the Logout will appear. Logout and then go back and follow the prompts as to how to activate your HboMax using access obtained through Directv, or Cable Co, etc..

0 Kudos