Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherken12
Level 8

Re: HBO Max Not working

Jump to solution

Temporary fix.  Search a title, rather than using the homescreen.  Play from there.  This is working for me on my 3500x

Bertie01
Level 9

Jump to solution

Another Roku streaming stick that doesn't work.

Looks like may be a Roku device model limitation.

Bertie01
Level 9

Jump to solution

Good catch, sherken12!   If you know what you want to watch, obviously by finding it on another device or looking on their website, you can get a known show to play that way.   I tested that and it works, with the caveat that the only controls you can access are pause/forward/backward and the 7 second replay.   You can't access the closed caption on/off and you can't use the HBO Max menu at all to browse other shows, etc. obviously.

Thanks for that suggestion.   At least if I want to finish watching something in my bedroom I can use that workaround.   Much obliged.

Dcollinsrn
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you sherkin12 - that workaround gets you in!

Cjonesthom
Level 9

Jump to solution

Haha- I wouldn’t watch on the phone, I used Airplay to cast it to my TV! 

0 Kudos
Dcollinsrn
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just did part of that and it seems to be workng now - albeit slowly - tho my hbo channel has always loaded notoriously slowly for some reason. 

I simply forced a log out of my roku from hbo max app on my phone.

I didn't even have to enter password again on roku (weird) - just remove and readd channel and now it seems to load everything... so far anyway! 

Update: nope.not working again. 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@Bertie01 wrote:

I tested that and it works, with the caveat that the only controls you can access are pause/forward/backward and the 7 second replay.   You can't access the closed caption on/off

I think Closed Caption option to turn ON/OFF is just not in the current version of HBO Max on Roku. I am not experiencing the issues described in this thread with HBO Max on my TCL Roku TV. I can navigate menus, search for items and play content without issue, but Closed Caption option is not available. HBO Max on a Fire TV 4K Stick has the Closed Caption available. I'm sure it will come with an inevitable update with all the issues people are having.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

Jump to solution

do you get menu when you press * button on remote while playing?  it should give you closed caption option

0 Kudos
ThomasH
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Clear Cache on ROKU. Make sure Home is selected from the main menu. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times.... Wait. It will take about 15 to 30 seconds to clear cache and restart. Be patient. It's worked for me on my stick. I find I have to clear cache more often when using HBO max

BOCFAN
Level 7

Jump to solution

That did it thanks.

0 Kudos