Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TL31
Reel Rookie

HBO Max: How to log out and log back in with different credentials

Jump to solution

I need to log out of the HBO Max channel on my Roku device and log back in with different account credentials. I've already tried removing the channel and re-logging in. Any advice on how to do this? Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jgh2014
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max: How to log out and log back in with different credentials on Roku

Jump to solution

I was able to change credentials.  Open you hbo/max in roku--> click on your profile on top (left for me) --> scroll all the way to the right.  The signOut opt is off screen.  When I clicked on the a movie to play I was able to change my credentials.  Hope this helps.

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

MajorRexHavoc
Binge Watcher

Re: How to log out of HBO Max App on Roku and log back in with different credentials?

Jump to solution

This was close, but not accurate. 

1. Scroll to the bottom left in the HBO Max app, and select the Settings gear icon: IMG_2343.jpg

2. THEN, on the sections near the top of settings, scroll all the way right until you see 'Sign Out'. Click it, click Sign Out that shows up and you are out:IMG_2344.jpg

3. When you click on a new movie or show to watch, it will prompt you to sign in with (your same or different) HBO Max credentials.

[Screenshots added for clarity]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jgh2014
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any luck?  I have set up the channels using old credentials and I also trying to change credentials.  I have deleted as well...comes back with the original credentials.

0 Kudos
TL31
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No luck on my end.    I have tried a variety of things and it always reverts to the same creds.

0 Kudos
adm1jtg

Jump to solution

no luck trying to change ANY channel that is ditrecttv credential based

0 Kudos
jgh2014
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to change credentials.  Open you hbo/max in roku--> click on your profile on top (left for me) --> scroll all the way to the right.  The signOut opt is off screen.  When I clicked on the a movie to play I was able to change my credentials.  Hope this helps.

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

TL31
Reel Rookie

Re: How to log out of HBO Max App on Roku and log back in with different credentials?

Jump to solution

This worked.   Thanks so much for sharing, really appreciated.

MajorRexHavoc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This was close, but not accurate. 

1. Scroll to the bottom left in the HBO Max app, and select the Settings gear icon: IMG_2343.jpg

2. THEN, on the sections near the top of settings, scroll all the way right until you see 'Sign Out'. Click it, click Sign Out that shows up and you are out:IMG_2344.jpg

3. When you click on a new movie or show to watch, it will prompt you to sign in with (your same or different) HBO Max credentials.

[Screenshots added for clarity]

Ahmayzen

Jump to solution

1. Access your HBO Max account

2. Click Manage device

3. Sign out of the the specific device

4. Log back into the device using the desired account

0 Kudos
Nico_527

Re: HBO Max: How to log out and log back in with different credentials

Jump to solution

This only works if you still know the previous credentials. I used the HBO Max app on my phone. I signed in, it gave me the option to choose a plan or restore purchase. I selected choose a plan and it took me to a page where I could select my account “little man icon in bottom right corner”. Then the settings button became available for my unverified account at top left. From there I just managed/removed all devices and got a new log in screen on my Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
HDonley

Re: Change log in account for subscription

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. 

*  I signed up for hbo originally with my yahoo account/cable provider. 
*  Cancelled hbo with cable company. 
*  Year later went to sign up for hbomax online.  They wouldn't let me use the yahoo account, said it was already tied to a cable provider, even though I was not paying for hbo via cable at the time. 
*  So I signed up with my gmail account. 
*  Eventually cancelled.  Signed up again with cable provider, used yahoo since it was already attached.
*  Bought a roku.  Added hbomax to roku with yahoo account. 
*  I now just cancelled my cable. 
*  I want to change back to my gmail account/sign up for hbomax not with cable company.  It just automatically uses the yahoo account/I can't see any way to change the account to a different email???

0 Kudos