Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jemosher
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max Application Error Code 32

Jump to solution

I’m seeing a similar issue with the TNT channel as well.  Same error code 32. Oops there was a problem .  Sorry for the inconvenience!  Here’s what happened  yardage yadda yadda

really needs to get fixed.

Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am in an email with HBOMAX support... each email asks for more information... it seems like they need to document who you are, billing zip code, how you access HBOMax... following email...the basic..."did you follow the steps on the support site"...well, yes I did as I addressed that in my original email...."what model and software version are you running on your Roku and the HBOmax app".... again, all of this was in the original post, which leads me to believe the rep didn't even read it....

So I am stuck watching HBOMax via Apple AirPlay streaming to my Roku, but for some reason, the HBOMax app locks up my iPhone after about 30mins of play, especially if I pause... Dune is going to take forever to watch this way...

RicCrouch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What version of the HBO Max apply finally worked? I have 50.51 and it says there are no available updates. I have been fighting this issue for over a month and getting nowhere.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RicCrouch

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not found a version of HBO Max that works on Roku.  I have a week long thread with HBO support...they just keep asking me the same questions over and over - type of device - version number..etc.  No Solutions from HBO or RoKu...

I am streaming HBO Max using AirPlay from my iPHone...

0 Kudos
kr18064

Jump to solution

For me it was fixed by adjusting my firewall rules.  I am using a Sophos XG firewall that offers a lot of advanced features.  Below are the steps I took to resolve the issue.  Your solution may be quite different.

Running firmware: SFOS 18.5.1 MR-1-Build326

I had the same issue and resolved it using the following steps. It worked for me but certainly not what I want to do. I'm not exactly sure what the root cause is but my suspicion is that they added more viewer tracking into the new Roku and/or HBOMAX app and the XG proxy interferes with that.

I may tinker some more with the setting to add some security to the rule but at least it's working again.

Created Hosts for all my Roku devices using their IP addresses

Created a new Firewall rule LAN to WAN with the "Source networks and devices" selecting the Roku Hosts
Inside of the Firewall rule, under "Web Filtering", set the "Web policy" to NONE.
Make sure no check boxes are checked.

"Other security features" are set to NONE

Created and linked a NAT rule to the firewall rule
The NAT rule has "Translated source (SNAT)" set to MASQ (When it was set to the default setting the HBOMAX app would still report a 104 error)

TheLoanArranger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@kr18064 wrote:

For me it was fixed by adjusting my firewall rules.  I am using a Sophos XG firewall that offers a lot of advanced features.  Below are the steps I took to resolve the issue.  Your solution may be quite different.

Running firmware: SFOS 18.5.1 MR-1-Build326

I had the same issue and resolved it using the following steps. It worked for me but certainly not what I want to do. I'm not exactly sure what the root cause is but my suspicion is that they added more viewer tracking into the new Roku and/or HBOMAX app and the XG proxy interferes with that.

I may tinker some more with the setting to add some security to the rule but at least it's working again.

Created Hosts for all my Roku devices using their IP addresses

Created a new Firewall rule LAN to WAN with the "Source networks and devices" selecting the Roku Hosts
Inside of the Firewall rule, under "Web Filtering", set the "Web policy" to NONE.
Make sure no check boxes are checked.

"Other security features" are set to NONE

Created and linked a NAT rule to the firewall rule
The NAT rule has "Translated source (SNAT)" set to MASQ (When it was set to the default setting the HBOMAX app would still report a 104 error)

Brilliant!  I also use Sophos XG firewall, and that fix worked for me.  I varied it a bit - I made a MAC host group, instead of IP host group, so that the exclusion will still work if the DHCP server ever assigns the Roku devices different IP addresses.

Thanks for your solution!

RadiemReonGV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It said Oops! There was a problem? Sorry for Inconvenience attempted itself So MANY TIMES‼️ Then it won’t stop that Invaded a Lot even when it’s connected‼️ But most devices okay 👌 use with bug proof except for Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RadiemReonGV

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RadiemReonGV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HBO Max App for Roku - Fails 100% with Lost connection to the server. (Error code: 32) From Reddit
Here’s the photo image screen:

HBO Max Application Error Oops…. There was a problem. Sorry for inconvenience!
Here’s what happened: Lost connection to the server. (Error code: 32)
• Exit

Fails on wifi and hard wire Ethernet with internet connection. This got a new problem for those new version with 100% broken down and crashed. Can restarting Roku - failed. Uninstalled HBO App, rebooted and reinstalled it - failed. None of them working for anything it’s hard to fix forever.

We got a new problem and keeps repeating and seeing a same thing over & over again!

0 Kudos