Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatchingTV
Reel Rookie

HBO Max Application Error Code 32

Jump to solution

Hi, I click on HBO Max and it will not start. It says application error, lost connection to the server, error code:32. I can play HBO max on another device, so the issue is specific to Roku.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT UPDATE: HBO Max is now working for me on Roku. The only thing I did was used my TV remote source button to change the source to the main TV channel/source and then changed it back to hdmi (where Roku is). Then HBO Max worked. This was probably a coincidence, but sharing in case it works for others too. Also, FYI a workaround I had been using was to screen mirror HBO Max from another smart device. It wasn't as convenient obviously as watching directly from Roku but at least I wasn't wasting my subscription.

Also, I had contacted HBO Max again so they're aware of the issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max Application Error Code 32

Jump to solution

@SpartanParrothd

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's specific error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
Maxamillion351
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Getting same error on all my roku tvs. Works on any none roku devices I have.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Channel operators must customize their channel apps for each platform (Roku, firestick, web browser, etc.) on which they want it to run.  They often create problems on one platform not seen on others, until they are able to get the offending one fixed with a corrected update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SpartanParrothd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm seeing the same issue on my TCL Roku TV's

WatchingTV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted HBO and they said to contact Roku. 

dst

Jump to solution

I don't see an error code, but get this text -

"Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your device and can't continue".

Happens on both my Roku boxes.  I can login from web browser without issue.  I subscribe via Directv Stream.  

0 Kudos
Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Been suffering from this:

•Lost connection to the server

• (error code:32)

have a Roku Ultra 4640X

software ver 10.0.0 • build 4209-29

HBOmax works on my iPhone on same network- and I’m on High speed fiber

Hate that I am paying for a service I cannot access

TheLoanArranger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing this same thing across four Roku devices for over a week when trying to run the HBO Max app.  I can login via web browser and mobile phone, but Roku just shows the error code: 32 described here.  What gives?  It's been a while for this still not to work.  I purchased my HBO Max subscription through YoutubeTV.   Think that Roku could be dragging their heels on this as a result of their dispute with YoutubeTV/Google?

0 Kudos
RKUser7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on my Roku devices. HBO Max app will not load and errors out with error code 32. It's been at least a week, if not two weeks since this issue started.

azerik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Older Ultra doesn't work. It craps out either getting into the main HBO menu or after i try to play something. The only real fix I had was to force reconnect it's wireless or reboot and pray. I can reconnect the wifi with my Unifi network. It works 50% of the time.  I finally did the sign out, remove, reboot, install, and sign in and have it fail. Now I realized I can just try to launch the app like 3 times and the 3rd time it stops working (not even signed in.) I thought it might be profile related as my mom isn't having this issue but she's 200+ miles away in another city and provider. 

The HBO app just quite trying to make requests. I watch the traffic and it's a few bits here and a few there. No real traffic when it's doing this. So it looks like it's trying to auth. probably to the 

hbomax-50-50.youidomain2.com to auth. Which completes on my end. There appears to be something with Roku's data collection and this app. If you block stuff (pi-hole) it seems to just not work.

0 Kudos