Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

And why does Roku allow the YTTV Roku app to advertise Max and display content you can't watch, if you can't even get it on what you're watching with!  I see now why they offered a prelaunch discount, just to **bleep** us into subscribing to something not available! Wonder how much they made the first month ($12 x # of suckers = millions), and didn't even give us what we paid for! 

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

You'd have to ask HBO, not Roku. With only a couple of exceptions, Roku does not develop channels for their devices. They have The Roku Channel, and the Roku Media Player. Every other channel is created and maintained by other entities. That is usually the content provider, such as HBO. 

It's been confirmed by HBO (att) that the app is ready to go. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You won't get it on the firestick either

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I will give them until Friday 29 then I will switch to chromecast ultra 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is outrageous.  I purchased HBOMAX for the content not on HBONOW.  It is not some fringe channel.  I am furious. I will ultimately give up ROKU if this is not quickly resolved.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@steelybuffy wrote:

I am going to buy an Amazon Fire Stick since I can’t get HBO Max 

You can't get it with Amazon either, yet. Just everywhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@steelybuffy wrote:

I am going to buy an Amazon Fire Stick since I can’t get HBO Max 

That won't help. Fire TV is the other streaming platform that hasn't yet made a deal with HBO about supporting Max. Google/Chromecast are your best bet

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/some-roku-users-may-no-longer-be-able-to-access-hulu-from-t...

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

@blade_005 wrote:

@Psilobite wrote:

I am planning on migrating to Amazon Fire, since those devices allow installation of Android apps not on the Amazon Store, making it possible to load my player of choice, as well as HBO Max.

HBO Max is not available on Fire TV devices either. Amazon wants HBO Max available in their Prime Video Channels. AT&T only wants HBO Max available as a standalone app on FIre TV and Roku devices.

Are you and other users just not reading posts? The very post you quoted has a link to an instructional video on how to add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices.

Again, to be clear: You can indeed add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices by following this instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYpB10oxo

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Psilobite wrote:

@blade_005 wrote:

@Psilobite wrote:

I am planning on migrating to Amazon Fire, since those devices allow installation of Android apps not on the Amazon Store, making it possible to load my player of choice, as well as HBO Max.

HBO Max is not available on Fire TV devices either. Amazon wants HBO Max available in their Prime Video Channels. AT&T only wants HBO Max available as a standalone app on FIre TV and Roku devices.

Are you and other users just not reading posts? The very post you quoted has a link to an instructional video on how to add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices.

Again, to be clear: You can indeed add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices by following this instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYpB10oxo

While I haven't watched the video, I assume it's something that is being side loaded. It's not available from the Google Play store. Side-loaded apps can be disabled from the other end. It might work for a while, and it might remain working. We have no idea. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos