Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

It is currently possible to add HBO Max to Amazon Fire devices.

Instructions are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYpB10oxo

(This doesn't work on Roku because Roku is its own operating system, which is not Android.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HBO Now is the same price as HBO Max but with a fraction of the programming. Not cool.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

With the removal of the Reuters channel, the rolling out of a Roku Media Player replacement that was fundamentally broken and worse than the original, and now these issues with HBO Max, I have lost confidence with Roku.

I am planning on migrating to Amazon Fire, since those devices allow installation of Android apps not on the Amazon Store, making it possible to load my player of choice, as well as HBO Max. (This doesn't work on Roku because Roku is its own operating system, which is not Android.)

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The HBO Max Roku app exists but HBO (AT&T) and Roku can not agree on the slice of the subscription fee Roku will take to place HBO Max on their system.  If that is the best HBO and Roku can do ( have long- term customers of both HBO and Roku pay full price for HBO Now but without all the new material, I am not giving either company my money and I just canceled my HBO Now subscription with Roku.  Voting with my feet!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Roku, please do work through the deal so that we can get HBO Max, it's important to us customers :-).

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Psilobite wrote:

I am planning on migrating to Amazon Fire, since those devices allow installation of Android apps not on the Amazon Store, making it possible to load my player of choice, as well as HBO Max.

HBO Max is not available on Fire TV devices either. Amazon wants HBO Max available in their Prime Video Channels. AT&T only wants HBO Max available as a standalone app on FIre TV and Roku devices.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

It's thethe samesame with YouTube TV. Hbo content onlyonly, but axes to max only thru thethe hbo max app. What a rip off. I don't watch TV on my phonephone, computer or tablet. Roku should have this, but hbo alsoalso screwed the pooch 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You need to get hbo max don't outdated yourself by having limited content. Not happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

My sister is just the opposite.  She hates keeping track of and even using remotes.  She likes to cast directly from a browser.  She is more computer orientated.  I can go either way.

To each his/her own I guess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

For a person my age (65) I'm extremely tech savvy. I wrote a bunch of computer programs that made my job (and my co-workers) vastly easier. I even received an award for one of them. I want all the bells and whistles for my cars and toys. But for whatever reason I don't want to mess with my phone to control something on my TV. One likely reason is that I can't read my phone without my reading glasses. Once I hit my late 40s/early 50s, my contacts don't cut it for close up viewing. And lying in bed in a darkened room, I don't want the screen blaring light in my face. I much prefer a remote that doesn't require any effort to find a button in the dark. 

But I completely agree, to each their own, and whatever they prefer. I'm just glad there are choices for everyone. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos