Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

@klinkny wrote:

I hope Roku will settle their differences with Warner Media Entertainment. for streaming HBO Max. I like my Roku. but if it does not carry HBO Max, I will reluctantly switch my streaming device.

Well, the next most popular streaming device is the Fire TV, but Max isn't available there either. As mentioned, you can use a Chromecast, but myself I hate that it doesn't have its own user interface and remote.

HBO Max is available on the Nvidia Shield, but those are hard to come by right now, and cost far more than a Roku player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

This is not a solution.  For those of us using roku to access their streaming services connecting a new device to our tv to see all the content offered by hbomax (other hbo apps are not all inclusive) is very inconvenient.  Please work out a deal with HBOmax/ATT to better serve your customers.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I hope you get the app soon! I want HBO Max! Come on man, that is one of the reasons I have a Roku device. Work out a deal soon please. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Is anyone at Roku even reading this?  We are not hearing a peep out of them.  If you are reading this, at least let us know the current status of the negotiation.  We want our Max!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm about to buy 3 new TVs I've been a loyal roku user but if I can't use hbomax as a stand alone app those new TVs will not be roku enabled devices. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I imagine both HBO and ROKU want HBO MAX to be available. ROKU users need to make it clear that we want HBO Max available now. Get a deal done ASAP!

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@jfletch47 wrote:

Is anyone at Roku even reading this?  We are not hearing a peep out of them.  If you are reading this, at least let us know the current status of the negotiation.  We want our Max!!

Never happen. Roku never comments about anything going on behind closed doors. Yes, they have employee moderators here in this forum. But they would never be authorized to comment about this. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Danny -

Thanks to Roku's inability to make a deal with HBO Max, I'm forced to give up a discount that I was supposed to get for signing up before launch.

While that part remains my problem, Roku's problem is that I will have to sign up via YouTube TV and you won't be getting any money for HBO max from me.

Thanks for thinking of your customers!

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

I tried the 7 day free trial for "HBO Max" on Hulu.     Guess what..   you only get access to HBO Now content.    Shame on Hulu, Shame on Roku

Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Guess now we know what actually happened to the Reuters channel...