Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

But how does anyone outside these two companies know if it's Roku/Amazon being unreasonable, or if HBO is taking a hard line and maybe even reducing compensation? 

Roku is  becoming more of an ad platform with their own channel, competing against those channels that drew us here, and now beefing about distribution, when they were a pretty neutral, open player before. This, by default, makes Roku in the wrong for many of us, as they move from what made them awesome. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree! They need to get this done now or I will switch everything over to chromecast.

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@BP74theone wrote:

I agree! They need to get this done now or I will switch everything over to chromecast.

If you're happy with using a phone, tablet or PC to cast to it, I'm happy for you. Really. I personally don't want a device that doesn't have a dedicated user interface and remote. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not on my 4 Roku devices

Not on my 1 Fire Stick

Not on my LG tv app list

Haven't looked at my Xbox, but pain to use if it's there.

Wow! It's on my 5" phone!

Not what I signed up for! False advertising! "Now will convert to Max on the 27th... will be available on Roku, Fire, Apple, etc... " Didn't even get a free trial! Just started charging me for Now, which I didn't really want. The least they can do is refund our first month and call it the free trial. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I was hoping to express how frustrating it is that I, as an HBO subscriber, can't get HBOMax through my Roku device, but there's not even a feedback option on the contact page here at Roku.com. I'm expressing it here in hopes that a moderator will pass my comments on. If this doesn't get rectified, and quickly, I'll strongly consider switching to another streaming device -- and I have been a very satisfied Roku customer to this point, so I don't consider that option lightly.

Highlighted
Level 7

Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

I hope Roku will settle their differences with Warner Media Entertainment. for streaming HBO Max. I like my Roku. but if it does not carry HBO Max, I will reluctantly switch my streaming device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

I find this rather strange.  No one streaming platform offers every app under the sun.  So I chose BOTH my Roku Ultra, Streaming Stick Plus, AND my browser friendly Chromecast for all my streaming needs.                                                             I simply choose the individual  device best suited for a particular app and/or content that works well with.  End of problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

And HBO Max just posted a full screen ad on my ROKU when I turned on YTTV this morning! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Quitting Roku possibility

Jump to solution

Sadly, streaming devices are starting to rely on exclusives with various channels to make money. Back in the day, Roku was pretty much the only thing out there, so most everybody wanted in. Now, it's all about revenue and data sharing. If you subscribe through a device, that device's company often gets a big chunk of the subscription fee (like 30% or more. aka: Apple tax). These days, you will need multiple devices to get all the hot channels. The days of everything in one and saving money from 'cord cutting' are long gone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Tcat007 wrote:

And HBO Max just posted a full screen ad on my ROKU when I turned on YTTV this morning! 

LOL. It is getting silly.

I pulled up HULU on my Roku TV last night and the top item on the Home Screen encouraged me to sign up for HBO Max through HULU. I am on a Roku device HULU. You sure you want to encourage me to sign up for something that I will immediately find out I can't access?

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K