Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

Hey ROKU - I paid for that piece of hardware.....get over your squabbles with Warner and allow me to download the app - HBOGo is not the same as HBO Max!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve read there is a tentative agreement with Time Warner and Roku. Can you confirm that and perhaps give us a sense of the date HBOmax will be available?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is so irritating. I get Roku blocking the app on my Roku. That is their prerogative. But blocking my access everywhere else off Roku!? Complete BS. I can't access max on my computer or my phone because I PAID for HBO Now THRU Roku!? What the godd@mn f*ck. HBO Now is direct access. This is not like I have an HBO subscription through  a provider. This is just a pass thru payment presented as an easy payment option thru Roku (I will never use that payment option again Roku!). F U Roku (and/or ATT) for blocking HBO Max on my phone and computer which you have absolutely nothing to do with Roku. This can't possibly be legal. Being blocked for a stand alone app off of the Roku platform!!!???

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Dsnay wrote:

I’ve read there is a tentative agreement with Time Warner and Roku. Can you confirm that and perhaps give us a sense of the date HBOmax will be available?

Thank you!

Roku will never acknowledge it until it's official. By that time the channel will already be available in the Channel Store. At this moment, it's still not there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

Thanks,
Danny

This reply does not answer the question. 

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@BilliamGT wrote:

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

Thanks,
Danny

But that's all you'll get from Roku until they conclude their negotiations and the channel becomes available. The forum moderators aren't authorized to say anything else, and Roku historically never announces anything prior to its availability. I do wish they were more forthright about stuff like this. And I'm someone that has zero interest in this particular channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@BilliamGT wrote:

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

But that's all you'll get from Roku until they conclude their negotiations and the channel becomes available. The forum moderators aren't authorized to say anything else, and Roku historically never announces anything prior to its availability. I do wish they were more forthright about stuff like this. And I'm someone that has zero interest in this particular channel. 

I know that, and you know that, and now other readers will also know that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

As is the case with others, my HBO Now subscription was also billed through Roku. I spoke to HBO customer support, & they said that the subscription for Now can't be transferred to Max. Since Roku doesn't offer HBO Max & the subscription can't be transferred, I followed HBO's instructions & cancelled via Roku's subscription management. Figured it would be easiest to just start fresh with a direct subscription to HBO Max, which I can watch on my Apple TV.

This was several days ago.

Now, when I try to register for HBO Max, it tells me that my email is already in use on an HBO account. Yeah, the account that Roku was supposed to cancel. I checked, & I can still log in to HBO Now. Again, with the account that Roku was supposed to cancel. Even though it says in my Roku account that I don't have an active subscription to HBO, & that it ended on 5/27.

HBO says that they can't do anything, as the account was created by Roku & has to be cancelled by them as well. Well, I already did that. But for whatever reason, the account still exists as far as HBO is concerned, and it's preventing me from using those credentials to subscribe to HBO Max.

Granted, I could get around it by just subscribing with a different email address. But I'd rather not, as this shouldn't be an issue.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you tell me why it was advertised prior to release that Roku was a device that would carry the HBO Max channel.  Then the day of it is not there.  I and many went ahead and did the discount rate just to have it not come to Roku.  Very disappointed and considering closing the HBO acct hopefully this will be resolved. SOON.  I guess I do have a streaming device choice as well, Roku is not the only one out there, just the one I have had for years and years.

Thanks for listening

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm giving them until end of month, then selling my 3 Ultras and buying 3 Chromecasts.