Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your kind reponse. 

KordKutter
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RenB wrote:

I have a fire stick (I haven't checked to see if it changed recently) but it was the same, it did not allow HBOMax either. No agreement made to service it apparently..

https://decider.com/2020/11/16/hbo-max-amazon-fire-tv-streaming/

0 Kudos
Myersta
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi!

I just double checked. HBO Max is available in the Amazon App store. Also, from what I understand if you have the HBO App on your Firestick it will auto update to HBO Max.

Kjstech
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well I'm moving on to Android TV.

The Sony X900H was on sale today briefly and I got it in time before they ran out and put the price back up.  So next week I'll be using the Android 10 OS in the TV and I can move the Roku Ultra to the bedroom so I can use airplay and move the Roku Premier to the family room where there already is an xbox if I need HBO Max there.

I would have considered the TCL R635 but with Roku being the OS on it, I had to pass.

blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@RenB wrote:

I have a fire stick (I haven't checked to see if it changed recently) but it was the same, it did not allow HBOMax either. No agreement made to service it apparently..

The HBO Max app became available on Fire TV devices on November 17, 2020. Just about one month ago.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
Kjstech
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku is at it again!  This time its the Spectrum app.  I don't have Spectrum so this does not affect me, but I do know people that do have Spectrum for TV, Phone and Internet.

Roku needs to focus on being a hardware manufacturer and less time on trying to become their own little cable company.  Glad I am starting to move away from this disaster of a company.  Its just going to get worse and I hope Roku suffers terribly for it until they change their ways.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32969924-Spectrum-TV-app-removed-from-Roku-Store

poligirl
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku is quickly becoming just another cable company. Those companies were a big part of why a lot of us cut the cord in the first place. Sigh... 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

HBO Max Seals Deal With Roku 

HBO Max is coming to the Roku platform 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
smockatello
Level 7

Jump to solution

Finally

0 Kudos
KordKutter
Level 9

Jump to solution
0 Kudos