Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iona-D
Level 13

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

$20.00 a month for a few movies available before disc release and a couple of TV shows thrown in is not worth it.

I already have plenty of apps and content to enjoy without breaking the bank.  DVDs take care of the rest of my viewing.

drbruce2
Level 11

Jump to solution

One hundred ninety-four days since HBO Max went live. The pity of it all is that it did not have an adverse effect on Roku stock.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
factsrfun
Level 9

Jump to solution

it seems people are holding two opposing views at the same time. one that HBO Max has failed to reach very many homes and two that releasing films on their platform will affect ticket sales, if there are so few HBO subscribers then why would that affect ticket sales? Also there appears to be a bunch of "talent" that is upset but I thought the propose of art was to get people to enjoy it, I thought artist wanted people to see their work, these people sound like a bunch of ego driven money grubers..in any case I have access to a Xbox and use it to access the best streaming service in America HBO Max, remember HBO made the cable industry, anyway I wonder what is happening with device sales this year, there are a growing number of open access devices available

KordKutter
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm growing weary of the wait, and switching devices (from ROKU to PC) just to watch HBO Max.

Hopefully I'll see an Amazon Fire Stick in my Christmas stocking this year. It's got every streaming service that I watch on it.

dwharton
Level 9

Jump to solution

I've switched to Apple TV myself. I have now access to all streaming services.  

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm not sure complaining here is doing anything.  Either Roku employees are completely asleep and not even reading this thread, or other complains about it on Social Media platforms... or their hands are completely tied.  Therefore let's all complain to HBO Max.  You can submit feedback here: https://help.hbomax.com/Feedback

Just in case the forum masks the URL after I post this, its help.hbomax.com/Feedback

I get HBO Max with my DirecTV subscription.  You know what's really odd is AT&T doesn't even have an HBO Max app for their own Genie DVR.  Yet a Comcast X1 app is coming soon.  How backwards is this company?  Does AT&T really intend to ruin everything it gets its hands on?  Unfortunately they are too big to fail.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

This topic has now been declared a deterioration of conscious thought and a real waste of time from the true problem<hint>and it's not any given app.  It's the lack of any real thought of simply using another brand of device/television to get the content of one's choice.   Changing a particular corporation from it's best interest is like swimming upriver against the current.  It might be done, but a real waste of time taken from streaming on anything at all.  

Knock it off now and discuss what Roku is still offering-an alternative without paying upfront for most of the content it offers.

0 Kudos
KordKutter
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Iona-D wrote:

It's the lack of any real thought of simply using another brand of device/television to get the content of one's choice. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if enough ROKU users did actually switch to an alternative device? That would grab their attention, if not their bottom line!

0 Kudos
KordKutter
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Iona-D wrote:

Knock it off now and discuss what Roku is still offering-an alternative without paying upfront for most of the content it offers.

This discussion is on topic, per the title about the HBO Max app. There are plenty of other topics to entertain yourself with. Go check them out!

0 Kudos