Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

HBO NOW is not HBO Go or HBO Max. Y’all are eliminating HBO Go and suggesting I should pay HBO a third time just so I can access content through the Roku app. I just added 3 roku tvs to are already three TVs. I want my money back on all these TVs if I can’t access hbo max and y’all eliminate hbo go. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Bm2 wrote:

HBO NOW is not HBO Go or HBO Max. Y’all are eliminating HBO Go and suggesting I should pay HBO a third time just so I can access content through the Roku app. I just added 3 roku tvs to are already three TVs. I want my money back on all these TVs if I can’t access hbo max and y’all eliminate hbo go. 

Roku isn't eliminating HBO Now or Go. That's HBO doing that. Roku has no control over a provider removing their channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Passenger57 wrote:

I guess we can be thankful we are on a game console cycle.  Significant others may not be too happy though.

Yep. That's what I did. Everything is there and let's face it, a side benefit to using them is lightning fast response time. Menu speeds even in apps is only limited by the app itself and connection speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hbomax

Jump to solution

I think Roku has to share some of the complaints about this. I wish there was a better voice to my complaints about this stand-off. I lose access to HBO on my Roku on July 31. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You missed the point of the question ENTIRELY!!

When the question was asked why cant I find HBO MAX on the ROKU Platform, no one was asking how to get to HBO!!!. But something tells me you already knew that...but thanks for the attempt to insult everyone's intelligence in one post.  What EVERYONE is wanting to know is why we cannot access our add the HBO MAX APP via Roku. It is simply an app like VUDU that allows us all to access all HBO Channels. To not allow it via ROKU is a petty albeit strategic act that diminishes ROKU. But I think you knew that too...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Rbrister33 wrote:

You missed the point of the question ENTIRELY!!

When the question was asked why cant I find HBO MAX on the ROKU Platform, no one was asking how to get to HBO!!!. But something tells me you already knew that...but thanks for the attempt to insult everyone's intelligence in one post.  What EVERYONE is wanting to know is why we cannot access our add the HBO MAX APP via Roku. It is simply an app like VUDU that allows us all to access all HBO Channels. To not allow it via ROKU is a petty albeit strategic act that diminishes ROKU. But I think you knew that too...

I realize this is an extensive post, but this has been answered multiple times. HBO/AT&T is in a dispute with both Roku and Amazon about financial arrangements with the HBO Now app. Both sides are apparently playing hard ball, and the customers have been the losers. But there has to be an agreement before the app can be loaded into the Roku store. AT&T says it's ready to go, so once both sides grow up and be adults, it should be available very quickly. But until they do, the two biggest platforms in streaming Internet media will not have HBO Max.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Nothing new since the end of May? Why not? I have Spectrum and can watch HBO through Spectrum's own app when I'm not at home, but I can't binge a whole series. Binging requires streaming, essentially HBO Max (although I doubt I'll ever use the "Max" component if I can ever figure out what that actually is.

So, Spectrum provides HBO Max on supported devices. Is it time I switched from Roku to AppleTV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm watching HBO Max on my televisions by connecting my Chromebook via HDMI cable with a USBC adapter.  It works. It would just be so nice if someone would develop a a streaming device so that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle. 😜

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nothing new since the end of May why not? I can watch HBO on cable (Spectrum) or Spectrum's on app, so what's the point of watching it through the Spectrum channel on Roku? Am I correct that without subscribing to HBO Now or buying an AppleTV I can't binge (Stream) HBO series?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Any update on timeline when HBO Max will be available on Roku?

0 Kudos