Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

When will it be available?  I have to watch on my phone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@drbruce2 wrote:

Kind of sick and tired of people blaming "corporate greed" for everything they don't like. If most of you trolls had a chance to double your incomes with a minimal amount of extra effort, you **bleep** well would, so don't talk about corporate greed. The job of corporations is to make money for their shareholders, so absent of new discoveries, they raise their rates. I'm so sick of pinheads acting as if they have doctorates in economy when they can barely manage their own finances.

You don't have a scintilla of knowledge as to why there is an impasse between the powers that be so all the speculation in the world is of no use. Stop talking and writing about what you're going to do, stop threatening empty threats, stop shouting into the wind, and do what you say you are going to do.

I, for one, am going to stop reading these posts, as they are of no use to me or the rest of the world. They accomplish nothing. If you want to blow off steam, do something for other people.

There’s some feistiness for the morning.  It seems a lot of us are frustrated which is understandable especially with all that is going on in the world.  I disagree that this is an inappropriate place to air grievances against Roku.  I do think it is inappropriate to berate one another on this platform.  Dr. Bruce, I think you would agree with me on that last point, I think you’re just frustrated, it’s understandable, I'm not trying to troll you.

I readily admit that I am no economist or expert in business; I took one required business class in grad school that bored me to sleep.  I don’t think that means I (and others) cannot have a voice in matters of business that affect us, though.  

I am saddened when companies are so concerned with increasing profits that they lose sight of providing the product/service that their customers have paid for.  Some examples I can think of: If physician (earning more than enough to maintain an upper middle class life) suddenly increases his patient load 90% and delegates those patients to PAs, he will no doubt make a lot more money.  If a search engine company already making very healthy profits suddenly decides to sell user information they will generate more income.  Business models can and do change, some people are okay with these kind of changes.  Some of us are not, we see it as greed.  

On a personal note, I had a real poopy day yesterday, but I’m doing better today.  I hope your day gets better too.  Take care Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 11

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is not a solution. please add HBO Max, there are now other choices for streaming. What made Roku great was it's content and easy of use, but now that is in question. stop holding us hostage.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Cancelling my subscription through Roku and subscribing through a different avenue so that I can get HBO Max. Hope you figure your **bleep** out or lose whatever cut you were getting by allowing HBO Now on your platform!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, I have finished moving my apps to Xbox One and man I wish I done it sooner. MUCH faster and the HBO Max that I pay for. Imagine that. And Curiosity stream and Epix were easy to move over to a new provider.

Again. There is one fault here. Roku. If you can sign up Microsoft, Sony, Apple, and Google, each of them have its own agenda yet those deals are done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you have HBO Max you were asked to create a login after signing in with your account from your provider. Use that account that you logged in with and install HBO now on the Roku and login with that account. This process worked for me just now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Zack0273 wrote:

If you have HBO Max you were asked to create a login after signing in with your account from your provider. Use that account that you logged in with and install HBO now on the Roku and login with that account. This process worked for me just now.

Hey Zack, yep, I think most of us are aware of that.  Here's my problem, I like classic movies.  If I go to the HBO Max app on my phone, I can watch North by Northwest.  If I go to my HBO Now app on my Roku television, North by Northwest is not available.  HBO Now does not include all of the content that is available on HBO Max.  That's pretty much what we are annoyed about. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

What is the Max content... Cinemax?  I think I remember as a kid the cable company offered HBO for like $14.95 a month or Cinemax for $14.95 a month or HBO Max (which was both) for like $19.95 a month - so they tried to do the upsell for $5 more.  But times were different.   They had to come out and remove a filter at the pole or lock box to allow it to come though.

I don’t get AT&T‘a marketing.  It’s so confusing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

No, not Cinemax....easy to see why you may think that.   HBO Max has content from the TCM library, many classic Looney Tunes, the DC collection, many classic series such as Friends. Cartoon Network content, Adult Swim a lot more....in addition to all the HBO content. Personally I was looking forward to the TCM content and all those classic Looney Tunes. ☹️

0 Kudos