Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

@swm34 wrote:

Roku is no longer just a simple platform for anyone to put their service on. HBO has said their app is ready to go on Roku and FireTV, they are just waiting til they reach an agreement. 
https://www.vulture.com/article/hbo-max-roku-and-amazon.html

Thanks for that, it's an excellent explanation of what's going on. Amazon and Roku are going to find out that it doesn't matter what HBO used to allow, they're dealing with AT&T now. Take it or leave it, Roku, and the sooner you do, the less damage you do to your company, and the more it will be on Amazon.

galfaqih
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue with Firestick...

0 Kudos
sfvjosh2316
Level 8

Jump to solution

I ordered a chromecast and it'll be here today so sadly this is goodbye to roku. My next door neighbor will by it for 15 bucks.

CtDeeJay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this "explanation" isn't one. Instead, it's a rationale for both sides perpetuating their p-ing contest. The cold fact is that both companies have paying customers whose interests are not being served, and they're failing to serve those interests on purpose.

This so-called "explanation" only serves to justify their childishness and does nothing to eliminate it. 

y2jman
Level 9

Jump to solution

so I had download hbo max on phone last night signing into direct tv as my tv provider

then smart view have Samsung phone aka cast to roku didn't like it esp since the sound was so low despite receiver on 70 try to watch friends but wanted to download an episode <-I cancel it

but can stream that new anna Kendrick show just fine basically didn't like doing that uninstall app like I said not going to watch on phone and nada on computer

I just want to watch this on dang roku since I don't have no new game console Samsung or apple tv or a Chromecast to watch hbo max on

stupid stupid hbo max not on roku freakin get deal finalize by next week by god

0 Kudos
JohnAdcox
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've finally given up. I just canceled the subscriptions I was paying for through Roku and my devices are going to Good Will. I'm moving to a new platform. I've been a customer since the beginning, and I've recommended to dozens of friends. I am done. And, of course, Roku doesn't care.

StankyJoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku should know that the content is the important part, and we users remember that we paid you money already for devices that should reach all major content. 

Every time Roku increases the ad count, collects and sells more user information, or delays channels until it can squeeze more money from them, its users look harder at alternate devices.

The new Android TV dongle looks pretty good so far.  It will be trivial to switch.  Please keep this in mind.

0 Kudos
lonewriter
Level 9

Jump to solution

@StankyJoe wrote:

Roku should know that the content is the important part, and we users remember that we paid you money already for devices that should reach all major content. 

Every time Roku increases the ad count, collects and sells more user information, or delays channels until it can squeeze more money from them, its users look harder at alternate devices.

The new Android TV dongle looks pretty good so far.  It will be trivial to switch.  Please keep this in mind.

Try this , you don't need to buy a dongle. 

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-get-hbo-max-on-roku-watch-mirror-cast/

0 Kudos
Jedi_Col
Level 8

Jump to solution

Geeze. Everybody is upset that we can’t watch it on Roku. I get it. I have to watch it on my Xbox and that means that I don’t even watch it. LOVEEE Roku and have for years. I won’t even throw the “I’m switching because Roku doesn’t care” fit because let’s be real.. between Amazon and Roku they make up nearly 80% of the streaming platforms used. They are the giants in this situation and HBO is whining not wanting to pay their fair share. It’s not greed. It’s just reality. That’s why they won’t release their numbers... Max is BOMBING hard because of this and they WILL cave as investors get more and more furious. In order to survive they will need Roku and amazon. Roku is by far the best out there and we’re just in the times of exclusivity. You want it all? You’ll need multiple ways of watching. Just like video games. You want to play Halo? Buy Xbox or pc, you want to play God of War? PlayStation is your friend. Pokemon? You see where I’m going...

I want to watch my Max subscription in my Roku too. But I’ll survive for now. There’s not many “exclusive” things to watch at this time anyway. I would be willing to bet that on the short end of the spectrum we have it before June ends, at the long end, early July after they see their June Subscription numbers. Do what you gotta do Roku to remain the excellent provider I’ve come to depend on.

Italdre9
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've been waiting to upgrade my 4 Rokus to 4k versions, but now I think I'll be upgrading to either Firestick or TiVo 4k Streamer. Not sure if HBO Max is on TiVo, anyone know?

0 Kudos