Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: HBO Max App is available everywhere else today, why not on Roku?

Jump to solution

@greg0239 wrote:

Yes, please.  Roku please add HBO Max.  You will lose subscribers if you don't.

Roku doesn't have "subscribers". You don't pay anything to register and use a Roku device. But they do generate income from some of the providers that use their platform, HBO being one of many.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can't get it on Amazon either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku better get their act together. You are starting to act like the worthless DISH that I dropped after 12 years because of their constantly feuding with and dropping of channels.YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN.

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't have "subscribers". You don't pay anything to register and use a Roku device. But they do generate income from some of the providers that use their platform, HBO being one of many.

You don't subscribe to use a Roku, but some do use the Roku Video Channels to 'subscribe' to streaming providers.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that HBO Max is currently not available on the Roku platform. To access HBO, go to HBO on The Roku Channel or visit the Roku Channel Store to download HBO NOW.

For more information visit www.hbomax.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku simply needs to strike an agreement with AT&T to offer HBO Max as an app--and stop focusing its attention on primarily offering it within the Roku Channel as an add-on.  It already offers HBO Now and HBO Go as standalone apps so adding HBO Max should be economically feasible.  Roku--PLEASE ADD THE HBO MAX APP ASAP.  YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DEMANDING IT AND WE WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Danny, thanks for your response. It's my understanding that HBONow has only HBOdHBO content, substantially less than HBO MAX, which has HBO plus huge library of other content, and also Friends, If I'm not mistaken. So your solution I dont think solves the problem. Also, you charge the same price for HBONow as the cost would be for HBOMax, which has far more content. So, I don't feel that is fair, nor does it suit my streaming needs. I can give you some more time for you to figure out how to solve this problem, but if you can't carry all the content I am interested in, including a major creative entity like HBO, and it's now affiliated enterprises, then I will search for other solutions. Apprently a lot of others have found a way to deal with HBO.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fix this.  The one reason I've stuck Roku from the first product on and recommended it to countless others is that it has always had access to ALL of the different streaming services. Apple TV and Amazon have always blocked a few competitors from their platform.  But Roku was the one vendor we could count on that stayed neutral.  Fix this now.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@steelybuffy wrote:

I am going to buy an Amazon Fire Stick since I can’t get HBO Max 

HBO Max has already said its never going to be on any Amazon Fire devices. Apparently, the negotiations between Amazon and HBO fell through completely. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Don’t waste your money. HBO Max isn’t on Amazon Fire platforms yet for the same reason. Profit sharing negotiations.

0 Kudos