Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO Max: An unknown error has occurred. Please contact TV provider

Jump to solution

My HBO max channel isn't working on my TCL Roku tv. Keeps giving me the error message that "an unknown error has occurred. Please contact tv provider." I've restarted my tv multiple times and checked my network, no issues. All of my other channels are working fine.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO max not working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still seeing this issue, please feel free to provide us with more information about what you are experiencing and we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: HBO Max: An unknown error has occurred. Please contact TV provider

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you're only experiencing the issue on HBO Max while other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact HBO Max Support here: https://help.hbomax.com/

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
91 REPLIES 91
asc85

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue as you.  My wife's theory is that tonight at 10PM EDT is the finale for Mare of Easttown, and maybe there are too many people trying to sign on?

copyleft
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Jonathan3

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Its very annoying. I did all of the same things as you to get it working. To no avail.

adale

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Been waiting all day for Mare of Easttown.

Jump to solution

This is from their siteScreenshot_20210530-224651.png

Nikkicv

Jump to solution

Me too what is going I have reset cleared the cache and re started checked my subscription what is going on. 

NatM
Reel Rookie

My hbomax will load but when I attempt to play anything, I receive an error message that I need to contact my TV provider

copyleft
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Great trouble shooting hollidaro182

0 Kudos

HBO MAX stopped working on all of my devices tonight. Is there a problem with the service?

Jump to solution

We were watching the channel all afternoon.  We moved to our bedroom and went to watch in there and we have been getting a "An unknown problem occurred.  Please contact your TV provider" message on all devices now.

Anyone know why?  I have restarted all devices.  THis is a subscription channel, so it won't uninstall.  To uninstall, I have to cancel the subscription first, which may be happening regardless, but I'd like to see if I can resolve the issue.