Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kindashyguy
Level 7

HBO MAX keeps rebooting Roku device

#HBO MAX constantly rebooting my Roku device. No other channels but #HBO MAX and of course now I'm stuck with a month subscription that is practically worthless. Reboots at least every 10 minutes during a show/movie. Worthless

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO MAX

@Kindashyguy 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GoHawks
Level 9

I don't know why people keep saying to do a system update or do a restart (or both) when we've already told Roku and or HBO many many times this does not correct the issue. It is as if they are openly admitting "Well, we don't know how to fix it either" when they say those things to us like we are five year old kids.

0 Kudos
Shango57
Level 7

I tried removing the channel and restarting and reading and the same thing keeps happening.

0 Kudos
scottneumann
Level 7

Re: HBO MAX keeps rebooting Roku device

I thought I was the only one. it's worked for about 3 hrs in the 2 1/2 weeks I've had it installed, totally worthless. Uninstalling and rebooting does not work i have done this half a dozen times. A complete waste of money, and support does not or cannot help and refuse3s to refund your money including Hbo/Max support.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Shango57 @scottneumann

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shango57
Level 7

Danny: My Roku player is 2710X, updated through software version 9.4.0.  Build: 4200 is listed after the software version.   It is connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and the power source is that it’s plugged into an electrical outlet.

The problem is that HBO Max never fully loads after it welcomes me (I’m signed up through my cable provider which is Spectrum).  I registered with HBO Max, initially thinking that was the problem because I had not done it.  It made no difference.   What happens is that, after not fully loading with program information, Roku returns to the Home page with all the services listed and HBO Max is highlighted, ready to be chosen to repeat not being able to access it.   If I try again, it will try to load program information, never fully, before it repeats it exit to the Roku Home page.  I tried deleting HBO Max, rebooting Roku, and reloading HBO Max and that didn’t work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Shango57

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried inquiring with HBO Max to see what troubleshooting steps they can provide? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SugarDarling
Level 8

Danny,

there is no option to Remove the channel in the star options menu

image.jpg

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@SugarDarling wrote:

Danny,

there is no option to Remove the channel in the star options menu

You'll need to cancel your Roku-based subscription first before you can remove the channel.

(I'd advise always subscribing directly to the service provider themselves, rather than using a third party)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos