Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: HBO MAX is coming??

@lonewriter wrote:

Apparently, direct Tv forgot to mention you still need to use the HBO Max app so that's out, someone said you can watch it through YouTube tv through Roku but I don't know. So far th is sucks, I can only watch it on my computer and phone. Roku are hurting themselves. I've been wanting a PlayStation anyway. 

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to you last night, that you still need a standalone app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

The parents are fighting in front of the kids. We just have to let them work it out.

HBO Max’s 80 Million Household Dead Spot: Why Streamer Isn’t on Roku or Amazon Fire TV 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

When roku does reach an agreement with HBO I just hope HBO Now subscribers aren't automatically converted to HBO Max. I currently pay $20.99 for HBO Now and Cinemax combo and just hope that when they reach an agreement that HBO Max is separate from HBO Now. Unless they offer the same deal then I guess it doesn't really matter but I will not pay extra for Max. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@MartyScurll wrote:

When roku does reach an agreement with HBO I just hope HBO Now subscribers aren't automatically converted to HBO Max. I currently pay $20.99 for HBO Now and Cinemax combo and just hope that when they reach an agreement that HBO Max is separate from HBO Now. Unless they offer the same deal then I guess it doesn't really matter but I will not pay extra for Max. 

Unfortunately HBO Now will convert to HBO Max once they reach an agreement. This how all the devices that already has an agreement and already had HBO Now is doing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

If they convert HBO Now with HBO Max and keep the pricing the same then that's okay. But if they up the price just because it's suddenly Max then no.there's absolutely nothing that's on Max that's not in HBO Now that I would pay extra for. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

no they will just switch from expensive drama and dramatic comedies to cheap made programming so when you pay the normal price, You'll be getting LESS quality and a lot more fluff.

I see that as an increase.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

HBO???.......BLECH!!!

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

IS  COMING TO ROKU  MAY14TH,  SO AROUND 2 WEEKS!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"IS  COMING TO ROKU  MAY14TH,  SO AROUND 2 WEEKS!"

Uh, that's two weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

well didn't release on  AMAZON FIRE or the most poplar devices either  so is Greedy AT&T fault , but gonna come throw soon!

0 Kudos