Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDarkKnight
Level 8

Re: HBO MAX is coming??

Jump to solution

I just canceled my HBO Max subscription. Ironically, they don't have a field to tell them why you are canceling, so I emailed support and let them know I canceled because they are not on ROKU. Their response was:

"Thank you for contacting HBO Max Customer Support. My name is Eunique and I will be your advocate today. Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your feedback, and it will be reviewed. Unfortunately Roku does not support HBO Max. But there are many providers that do."

priglmeier
Level 8

HBO Max on Roku is available through YouTube TV app

Jump to solution

The HBO Max app is not available on Roku currently.

If you want HBO Max now, sign into your YouTube TV account and add HBO Max through the subscriptions area of your account. The HBO channels will appear in the YT TV channel list.

HBO Max delivers 1080p at twice the bitrate compared to HBO Now so it looks much better on a large TV.

0 Kudos
80SChild
Level 9

Jump to solution

U cancelled it ..BUT i am gonna keep mine , ..because i am VERY SURE gonna be in ROKU soon by end of this month  & gonna save $3 every month  for a year for subscription..because singed up for $12 month for an year ..now maybe U getting that some where else  but u will  paying $15 a month!    

0 Kudos
TheDarkKnight
Level 8

Jump to solution

I won't be paying anything a month because there's no reason for me to restart it again. I canceled out of principle. HBO Max should have never launched without deals/partnerships with Roku and Amazon Fire. That's 70% of the streaming marketplace. But they did and they got negative press as a result. The thing is that there are plenty of streaming services out there (Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, etc.) and I don't need to pay for a service that doesn't care about making it easy to watch them. There's plenty of great shows/movies to watch elsewhere with services that don't hold their subscribers' hostage. So it doesn't matter to me if they strike a deal now. 

lonewriter
Level 9

Jump to solution

Right now I'm casting HBO Max from my cell phone to my Roku tv but I'm hoping they will add the HBO Max app to Roku soon. 

mitch053
Level 9

Re: HBO Max on Roku is available through YouTube TV app

Jump to solution

@priglmeier 

But are you really getting all the new HBO Max content through YTTV or just the HBO channels? My understanding is that when you sign up through YTTV you still need the HBO MAX app for all the new Time Warner content and you can't get it on Roku yet. Just HBO Now is available. So you won't get the new Time Warner content. I am still planning to sign up for HBO Max through YTTV  soon once my direct HBO subscription ends.

80SChild
Level 9

Jump to solution

I AM ALREADY signed up  with HBOMAX for $12 a month for a year thing they had , watching HBONOW for few weeks now ..HBOMAX is bunch added the old stuffs in movies & sitcoms, probably we watched it many many times in movies & cable TVS...but after all gonna wait around till end of the month might ROKU & AMAZON add the APP..go gonna looking to get that in other devices!       

0 Kudos
JohnRFallon
Level 8

Jump to solution

II am committed to the device but expect that Roku is reasonable.

I do not want to have 50 different devices in order to see my content.

If HBO Max does this, we will move into the "exclusive contract" nonsense that makes the subscription model of cell phones so painful.

ATT and Comcast would like to recreate cable with ongoing wars and customers buying packages they do not want.

HBOMax should be $5.00 or $7 more per month than HBO Now. You then select whether you want the extra content.

I would evaluate the tier I want. I certainly do not need a sub-channel of Anime. I do not need to pay for entire vast wasteland of reality shows I do not want to watch like cable is right now.

blade_005
Level 14

Jump to solution

@priglmeier wrote:

The HBO Max app is not available on Roku currently.

If you want HBO Max now, sign into your YouTube TV account and add HBO Max through the subscriptions area of your account. The HBO channels will appear in the YT TV channel list.

HBO Max delivers 1080p at twice the bitrate compared to HBO Now so it looks much better on a large TV.

This is incorrect/bad information to someone that accesses YouTube TV on a Roku device. If you sign up for HBO Max via YouTube TV on a Roku device you will only receive the HBO linear content and none of the Max content from within the YouTube TV channels. The only way to view the Max portion of HBO Max is to install the standalone HBO Max app, which is not available on the Roku platform at this time.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
JohnConor216996
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had to get a Chromecast in order to cast it. Roku would only cast HBO Now, not HBO Mad.