Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekiefer
Level 7

HBO MAX channel not working

Jump to solution

My HBO MAX is not working on my Roku TV. I have tried updating the tv and deleting and re-downloading the HBO app, nothing is working. When I click to open the app it says error 32 and that I can’t do anything. I don’t have the roku plug in to switch between regular tv and my roku- my tv is a roku tv. No one else I know is having issues using HBO max. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO MAX channel not working

Jump to solution

Hey @Ekiefer

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since you're getting an error code when you're accessing the channel, it'll be best to contact HBO Max directly for them to provide you with the recommended action to the error you are receiving. 

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @Ekiefer

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since you're getting an error code when you're accessing the channel, it'll be best to contact HBO Max directly for them to provide you with the recommended action to the error you are receiving. 

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Worganhunter
Level 8

Jump to solution

Its not just you...none of my Roku devices will load HBO Max.  I tried an update to the app last night and my error code changed from Error Code:32 to Error Code:104...still won't load and HBO Max Support is not responding.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @Worganhunter

Thanks for reaching out.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If that didn't resolve the problem you're experiencing, I'd recommend following my suggestion above.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos