Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekiefer

HBO MAX channel not working 'Error 32'

Jump to solution

My HBO MAX is not working on my Roku TV. I have tried updating the tv and deleting and re-downloading the HBO app, nothing is working.

When I click to open the app it says 'error 32' and that I can’t do anything. I don’t have the Roku plug in to switch between regular tv and my Roku - my TV is a Roku tv. No one else I know is having issues using HBO max.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: HBO MAX channel not working

Jump to solution

Hey @Ekiefer

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since you're getting an error code when you're accessing the channel, it'll be best to contact HBO Max directly for them to provide you with the recommended action to the error you are receiving. 

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Ekiefer

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since you're getting an error code when you're accessing the channel, it'll be best to contact HBO Max directly for them to provide you with the recommended action to the error you are receiving. 

You can reach them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Its not just you...none of my Roku devices will load HBO Max.  I tried an update to the app last night and my error code changed from Error Code:32 to Error Code:104...still won't load and HBO Max Support is not responding.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Worganhunter

Thanks for reaching out.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If that didn't resolve the problem you're experiencing, I'd recommend following my suggestion above.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
davidpdx

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem. Have done all the resets uninstall and reinstall, even a full factory reset. This is your device why will  this channel not work Infuriating. 

Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@davidpdx wrote:

I'm having exactly the same problem. Have done all the resets uninstall and reinstall, even a full factory reset. This is your device why will  this channel not work Infuriating. 

This is not a Roku issue - this is an ongoing HBOMax application issue that has been going on since they HBOMax did an update in October.  I have had a trouble ticket in with HBOMax since Oct, and they keep telling me I have been getting this message once a week, only from different senders:

Hi Claude,

My name is R, with the HBO Max Specialized Support team. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your case. I understand you're having difficulties streaming on your Roku. We'd love to see how we can assist.

Upon further review of the details and troubleshooting steps, you've already completed them. I'll be moving your case up to our Advanced Support Team for further review. 

Please take care and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns by replying to this email directly or call us at 855-4-HBOMAX (855-442-6629).

Thank you,

HBO Max Customer Advocate
Specialized Support

0 Kudos
thomaseven

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Seems like this issue has been going on for a long while. Pretty strange roku or hbo have not found a clear cut solution

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @thomaseven

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Does the issue only occur on HBO Max or across other channels installed on your device? Are you getting an error code or message?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Worganhunter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You guys don't have enough information on this problem?  Have you ever looked through the threads associated with HBOMax on Roku?  This has been going on since October.  "we" as a collective, have posted the make and model of Roku devices, SN, IP Protocols, Version of OS for Roku's and Ap versions of the HBOMax application.  We have followed the Standard.. uninstall, restart, unplug, reinstall, turn on turn off guidelines.  How about the people at ROKU get with the people at HBO Max and figure out why we are getting the error codes... and if the error codes that are coming up don't tell you what the problem is, then develop some codes that will...I have given up on using the HBOMax application and am just using AirPlay...I even went so far as to install a brand new Roku Ultra box just to see if my older model was the issue...nope, now HBOMax tries to load, but then just goes back to Roku Home screen...don't even get an error code .. there should be enough information from multiple sources on both the Roku Community Site and the HBOMax support emails for someone to figure out what the problem is.

Syn1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why am I getting a black screen the HBOMAX app won’t even load I have uninstalled reinstalled rebooted turned off signed off everything that is suggested but it’s the same 

it seem Roku is fully aware of this issue why are you charging people for an app you know does not work? This is absolutely ridiculous 

when will this issue be fixed? I already cancelled my subscription but still being charged for the month you need to pull your fingers out and get this fixed