Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO MAX app can't be found in channel store in Serbia

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Why I can't download HBO Max app to my ROKU? It is not available. I am from Serbia. We have HBO Max in Serbia and it is working on Samsung TVs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX app can't be found in channel store in Serbia

Jump to solution

@macanmacankovic 

Roku is only supported in a few countries in the Americas and Europe. Elsewhere, Roku isn't sold through official channels and is officially unsupported.

Roku allows app developers to determine where their apps work (and likewise show up in the Channel Store). Roku also allows app developers to select the devices on which their apps work. Roku doesn't determine where apps work or don't work; they leave that fully up to the developers.

Most developers, including HBO, choose to not support their app on Roku in countries where Roku isn't sold. However, Roku doesn't prevent them from supporting and an app working (or being available). Some apps do work outside the officially supported regions, as you may have noticed.

Whether or not the service is otherwise available on other platforms does not matter. If the developer chooses to not support their Roku app there, then it's not available there. Roku does not make that decision; the app developer makes that decision.

Supported countries:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX app can't be found in channel store in Serbia

Jump to solution

@macanmacankovic 

Roku is only supported in a few countries in the Americas and Europe. Elsewhere, Roku isn't sold through official channels and is officially unsupported.

Roku allows app developers to determine where their apps work (and likewise show up in the Channel Store). Roku also allows app developers to select the devices on which their apps work. Roku doesn't determine where apps work or don't work; they leave that fully up to the developers.

Most developers, including HBO, choose to not support their app on Roku in countries where Roku isn't sold. However, Roku doesn't prevent them from supporting and an app working (or being available). Some apps do work outside the officially supported regions, as you may have noticed.

Whether or not the service is otherwise available on other platforms does not matter. If the developer chooses to not support their Roku app there, then it's not available there. Roku does not make that decision; the app developer makes that decision.

Supported countries:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."