Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Go installed on roku.com but not showing on any devices or app

I am trying to watch HBO Go, but the channel isn't showing on  any of my Roku devices. When I go  to roku.com and log into my account, search for HBO GO, it says that it is already installed. When I go to my devices, it does not show in my channels. I've tried to restart the Rokus- no help. I have tried to install the channel through the app on my phone, it asks for my pin then spins with no resolution. I have tried to install the channel on my devices, I get an error that says it can't be installed.

I would try to uninstall and reinstall the channel, but I can't see it on the devices or the phone app to do so. The only place it says it's installed is at roku.com on web browser.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: HBO Go installed on roku.com but not showing on any devices or app

You have added HBO GO to your Roku account, but it will only load on compatible devices.

HBO GO is supported on all 3rd generation and later Roku devices (released in 2013 and later).
HBO GO is no longer supported on Roku 2nd generation devices.

Source: https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204871887-Which-Roku-devices-support-HBO-GO-

On your Roku, Settings > System > About will show you your model and model number.
This chart will show you which generation it is and release date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Feature_comparison

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Go installed on roku.com but not showing on any devices or app

Ughh- that explains it -  both were versions released in 2011. I guess my only option is buying a new one?  Thanks for the info

0 Kudos