Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Go Content Tiles Won't Load - Blank

In the last week or so, HBO Go stopped loading. When opening the channel, only a black screen shows up. I have tried removing, restarting and adding the channel back with no success. Is anyone else having this issue and had any success fixing it? Same problem with HBO Now.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: HBO Go Stopped Working

@bnhowes  Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing. If reinstalling the channel isn't resolving the issue, and other channels are working normally, you'll want to contact the channel provider to report the issue and request additional assistance. 

We'll go ahead and help pass your report along to the channel provider as well to request they take a closer look. If we hear any further updates, we'll be sure to provide an update. Feel free to send a private message if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Now loads blank

I installed the HBO Now app and it loads blank. the blue dots appear at the bottom and then nothing. I had HBO with Roku in the past, but let the subscription expire. this time i signed up with HBO directly. I would expect to get a login prompt at least.

Troubleshooting so far:

I have restarted the Roku the the menus and pulling the power cord. i have deleted the HBO now app and reinstalled from the device and the roku website. I have factory reset the roku and setup the device again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Now loads blank

@AZDiablo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Do you have any network filtering/blocking in place? If so, try disabling this and then see if it resolves the issue.

We would also recommend trying to connect to an alternate wireless network, like a hotspot to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

channels not loading

hi all

I have an express+ and I can't load some channels over Wi-Fi.

for example, HBO Go and HBO Now show a little blue dot at the bottom and don't start up.

I know that the problem is with the network because when I used my iPhone as a Hotspot, everything worked fine.

any ideas what this is all about? I suspect it requires tweaking within the router settings- would love to know what needs to change in order for the Roku to fire on all cylinders.

thx!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Go Content Tiles Won't Load - Blank

I was having the same issue on all my Roku devices then I found telegraph.api.hbo.com was being blocked by my pi-hole DNS server. Once I added a whitelist entry the app started working again.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Even though I've been an HBO subscriber for many years, I can no longer access HBO GO via my Roku.  I've checked for Roku system updates, tried to reinstall the HBO GO channel (I get an error message that prohibits installation), and tried to access HBO via the Roku Channel (it asks my to sign up for a trial subscription to HBO).

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Don't know but my HBO Go stopped working the other day out of the blue.  When I try to delete the app it says there is no network connection, but when testing the network connection on Roku it says it is working (and the other channels are all working).  Aggravating.  

0 Kudos