Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO Go Access

Jump to solution

What is going on? Are we going to lose HBO Go on Roku next Friday? Also, it's been 2 months since HBO Max launch, and it is still not accessible via Roku. I bought Roku to stream all platforms. This is not acceptable!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HBO Go and HBO Max Access

Jump to solution

@AsunaYuuki 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that HBO has removed the HBO GO app from our platform. For more information, please reach out to HBO.

However, the Roku platform still offers a number of alternative ways for customers to access HBO. Existing HBO users that subscribe through Comcast, Charter or AT&T TV can stream HBO on the Comcast Xfinity Stream, Spectrum TV and AT&T TV channels available on the Roku platform. Additionally, you can access HBO directly on Roku by subscribing to HBO on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AsunaYuuki 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that HBO has removed the HBO GO app from our platform. For more information, please reach out to HBO.

However, the Roku platform still offers a number of alternative ways for customers to access HBO. Existing HBO users that subscribe through Comcast, Charter or AT&T TV can stream HBO on the Comcast Xfinity Stream, Spectrum TV and AT&T TV channels available on the Roku platform. Additionally, you can access HBO directly on Roku by subscribing to HBO on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku - HBO resolution required

Jump to solution

I am paying for HBO service that I cannot use on my Roku, which makes no sense.  I don't care what contracts HBO-Roku-Spectrum need to negotiate; subscribers are getting ripped off while you take your own sweet time to figure it out. If I have to move off Roku to watch the content I paid to see, then I won't be coming back to Roku for streaming.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is nuts that you have deleted the HBO GO App and replaced with an HBO App that as a Spectrum subscriber of HBO I can no longer access!  No HBO Max, no HBO Go, now the only way I can stream HBO is through the Spectrum App which makes finding shows impossible.  COME ON GUYS - DO BETTER!

Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku - HBO resolution required

Jump to solution

@jenzimmerli wrote:

I am paying for HBO service that I cannot use on my Roku, which makes no sense.  I don't care what contracts HBO-Roku-Spectrum need to negotiate; subscribers are getting ripped off while you take your own sweet time to figure it out. If I have to move off Roku to watch the content I paid to see, then I won't be coming back to Roku for streaming.

Please try the Spectrum channel for Roku as found here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/23048/spectrum-tv

You should be able to use view HBO content through that channel.  If you aren't, please contact Spectrum customer service at 833-267-6094 to find out why you aren't.

My best guess is that the additional HBO Max content will be available on Roku by the end of the year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous and petty on both HBO and Roku. Your customers are the ones stuck in the middle of this squabble. Settle your differences with HBO and get HBO Max on Roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So after buying two Roku TV's and two additional Roku devices, I now need to look into buying an Apple TV.  I have recommended Roku to family and friends for years, but now I no longer trust Roku to invest anymore in their products.  I get free access to HBO Max because I have AT&T Gig fiber, but I can only watch it on my big TV if I connect my laptop to it.  This pissing match with HBO is only harming your customers, which you seem to care very little about.

ROKU - I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THE IRREPARABLE HARM YOU ARE DOING TO YOUR REPUTATION.

0 Kudos