Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO GO in Brazil

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use the HBO GO app in Brazil via Roku TV, but the link and activation code is from the USA. My application is identifying it as if I am in the United States. I would like to know how to change the country of my application to activate my paid account by a Brazilian provider. Robot Sad #hbogo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: HBO GO in Brazil

Jump to solution

@giulialau 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the newly launched Brazil region channel store, for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels officially available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: HBO GO in Brazil

Jump to solution

@giulialau 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the newly launched Brazil region channel store, for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels officially available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos