Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobRoy
Level 7

HBO GO Favorites Issue

I noticed this a couple of days ago after Roku fixed the network issue with an update > Unable to add or remove titles to My List through the Roku HBO GO UI < . Below is a copy of the issue I sent to HBO GO Support today:

"I have a Roku Ultra and the latest firmware update. I am unable to add to or remove from titles in My List through the Roku HBO GO UI. I have no issues with adding or removing titles through my browser. When I add a title to My List the added title shows up on the browser HBO GO UI but not the Roku UI. The issue started a couple of days ago after the ROKU's Network problem was noticed and resolved by Roku. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HBO GO 3 times. Please help/advise me. Thank you, Rob"

Rob
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: HBO GO Favorites Issue

[Moving to new Topic] Please create a new topic for any channel related issue.

Thanks for reaching out. Please try the following steps: 

1. Remove the HBO GO channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile on the home screen, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'.
2. Restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart
3. Once the device restarts, go ahead and add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'.
4. Launch the HBO channel and authenticate it using your TV provider account. Then, try using the 'My list' functionality again. 

If the issue persists from there, you'll want to contact HBO GO support directly to report the issue with their channel on the Roku platform, and request additional assistance from there. 

Feel free to also send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, and an example of a title that you've tried adding to 'My list' that isn't appearing on your Roku device. I can help send this feedback along to the channel provider as well. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RobRoy
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
[Moving to new Topic] Please create a new topic for any channel related issue.

Thanks for reaching out. try the following steps: 

1. Remove the HBO GO channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile on the home screen, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'.
2. Restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart
3. Once the device restarts, go ahead and add the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'.
4. Launch the HBO channel and authenticate it using your TV provider account. Then, try using the 'My list' functionality again. 

If the issue persists from there, you'll want to contact HBO GO support directly to report the issue with their channel on the Roku platform, and request additional assistance from there. 

Feel free to also send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, and an example of a title that you've tried adding to 'My list' that isn't appearing on your Roku device. I can help send this feedback along to the channel provider as well. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Thank you Tanner,.. I appreciate you responding  to my post. I executed the exact steps you listed three times and sent a ticket to HBO GO support before adding the post you just replied to. I learned of those steps about six years ago and have used them several times sometimes with success, sometimes without success. If you have any other suggestions in your bag of tricks please let me know. Until then I will wait if or when HBO responds to my ticket. I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only user having the issue which appeared immediately after the network issue update fix. I am publicly communicating with you at this time so others who may have the issue will see our post. If I do receive a reply from HBO I will post it here. If I don't receive a reply from HBO I will PM you...
Rob
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos

Hi Robroy, did you get any response from HBO GO support? I have the same problem, and I tried every step mentioned by Tanner also, but still keep charging the channel. Thanks
0 Kudos