Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO 500 hours free

How does this work on my Roku?  When I add the hbo now app, it wants me to do a 7 day trial then bill my Roku account.

when I install on iPads or phones, the content just plays without even signing up/in.

thanks...

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO 500 hours free

It depends on the movie and show.  Not all HBO content are free.  You have to just click and check.  For example McMillions is free.  You will see the option to play for free without subscription.  Access through Roku channel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There are several HBO options to add to the Roku Channel.  HBO Now is not one of them.

Can someone please provide DETAILED instructions on how to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ArtieJ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to add the HBO Now channel, you can find the channel from the Home page by Streaming Channels > Search Channels. 

You can also search for the HBO Now channel online through the Roku Channel Store.

For more information on how to add channels to your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos