Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giggsd
Level 7

Greek Tv Lite wont load since Roku update 28/09/2019

An Update notification appeared on my tv screen whilst I was watching the Greek Tv Lite channel. I pressed ok to just carry on but at almost the same time Roku box switched to the home screen. I tried launching the channel again but every time it just bounces back to the home screen.

I have tried every option possible including removing the channel completely, switch power off to the Roku 3 box including network for more than 30 seconds, then switching back on reconnecting network and then find the channel and add it. Still nothing.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Greek Tv Lite wont load since Roku update 28/09/2019

First suggestion is to remove the Greek TV channel, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the channel. Don't skip the reboot, or it's not really, completely uninstalled. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
giggsd
Level 7

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have tried this complete procedure numerous times now, including re-booting the box from settings menu to unplugging the box totally from the power supply. makes no difference channel still will not load.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I'd recommend reaching out to Greek TV Lite directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Please keep us posted if you have any further questions once you've contacted them and we will follow up to see how else we can assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
giggsd
Level 7

Hi Danny,

I have sent them an email explaining the issue but no reply yet.

Thanks. Will keep you posted if i get a reply.

best regards

Giggs

0 Kudos
upggr
Level 7

Hi,

I have now updated the channel, can you try again?

0 Kudos
giggsd
Level 7

Hi

I deleted Greek tv lite once again and unplugged Roku from power and all connections for a few days.

After about a week I connected everything back up. Powered the Roku up, added Greek Tv Lite and surprisingly it loaded.

It works!! It could be due to you updating the channel who knows, but thanks.

Thanks and appreciation to everyone who replied to my issue.

0 Kudos