Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Graphics on Youtube Channel

Jump to solution

I watch YouTube on TV a lot using my Roku Express, primarily for work. Whenever I hit "pause", the lower third of screen is automatically covered up with a large information graphic (name of video, description, length, etc.). The video pauses, but it also darkens itself behind this big graphic. When I hit "play" to continue watching, the graphic remains on the screen for about 5 more seconds. PLEASE tell me that this is a feature that can be turned off! And if it can be turned off, how do I do this? It's annoying, unnecessary, and ruins the entire reason that I was pausing it! I looking for certain things on the freeze frames when I pause the video and the combination of the graphic and darker picture make it impossible. Can't find anything about this in settings or with Roku Help OR YouTube Help. Hoping one of you geniuses can tell me how to shut it off. THANKS!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: THOSE **bleep** GRAPHICS!

Jump to solution

Tell Google. It's their channel. Roku doesn't control anything you see within the YouTube channel when playing. 

As soon as you resume playback, you can drop that stuff off screen immediately by hitting the back button. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Tell Google. It's their channel. Roku doesn't control anything you see within the YouTube channel when playing. 

As soon as you resume playback, you can drop that stuff off screen immediately by hitting the back button. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thx Dan, so it's not Roku, not Youtube either, so perhaps Google offers a setting to eliminate this? If I could keep the graphic from appearing at all when pausing, I'd be freakin' thrilled. Appreciate your input amigo.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@KENDOG wrote:

Thx Dan, so it's not Roku, not Youtube either, so perhaps Google offers a setting to eliminate this? If I could keep the graphic from appearing at all when pausing, I'd be freakin' thrilled. Appreciate your input amigo.

No, it is YouTube. That's the way Goggle designed their channel. It does the same thing on my Shield, or any of my smart TVs. That's just the way the YouTube channel works. There is no setting to remove it. 

Dan
0 Kudos