Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ohjimi71105
Level 7

Google “verify it’s you “prompt coming up on tv

Jump to solution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnemcdonald
Level 7

Re: Google “verify it’s you “prompt coming up on tv

Jump to solution

Just figured it out. It’s not the roku. This happened again while we were watching a Blu-ray. We have a Sony Bravia tv and I’m signed into the google play store on there. When I changed my gmail password it required an update on my smart tv. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

60 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ohjimi71105 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lberonjanglez
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im getting same message! No matter what App we are using or watching after about 15 mins a message pops up from Google " Verify It's You" You were signed out of your google Account. Sign in again to continue." But when you hit the next button it just go back to what you were watching! 

johnemcdonald
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is exactly what's been happening to us for the last week or so. Very frustrating and no luck finding a solution.

0 Kudos
johnemcdonald
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just figured it out. It’s not the roku. This happened again while we were watching a Blu-ray. We have a Sony Bravia tv and I’m signed into the google play store on there. When I changed my gmail password it required an update on my smart tv. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

txrat
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can not get the pop up on my TV to stop that has

Google. verify its you.  It asks me to sign in to continue.  When I sign into my google account on computer

I can not find where to verify it with the TV?  I now can't get rid of that screen on my TV. Please help

JR 

Antonio321
Level 8

Jump to solution

This happened when i was on my chrome browser and i went into a new tab and i was using yahoo. So i searched up how to get rid of yahoo and the way said to restart google or something and you would have to sign in on other devices. it worked to get rid of it but now my tv keeps saying “VERIFY IT’S YOU” Hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
CristinaO
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! Going through the same. What kind of update on your tv did it require?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@CristinaO wrote:

Thanks! Going through the same. What kind of update on your tv did it require?

I've encountered the same issue recently when I had to change my Gmail password when it showed up on the dark web. You simply need to open whatever app/channel is using your Gmail account and re-enter your password. With an Android TV (like Sony) it might be the TV OS itself. For apps, it might be YouTube or Google Play Movies & TV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
FlyMan
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do you get to the setting on the Bravia to change the password for good?  This Verify It's You is driving us crazy!  And by we I mean my husband, who loves him some TV.  Please help