Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ItsAme
Level 7

Google Movie&TV changed to Google TV... Will Roku update this?!

Jump to solution

I can't open Google Movie&TV anymore. I'm guessing because it changed to Google TV.

When CBS changed to Paramount+ the Roku updated itself. Yet it hasn't updated this APP. Will Roku update?!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Google Movie&TV changed to Google TV... Will Roku update this?!

Jump to solution

Seemed to open for me.  Pressing *button yields Google Play Movies and TV Version 2.1 build 2020113

Perhaps you need to update this channel by pressing *button, select Check for Updates.

Otherwise uninstall Channel, followed by System Restart, then reinstall Channel.

Located in US, using Roku Ultra 4660.

View solution in original post

DBDukes
Level 15

Jump to solution

@ItsAme wrote:

I can't open Google Movie&TV anymore. I'm guessing because it changed to Google TV.

When CBS changed to Paramount+ the Roku updated itself. Yet it hasn't updated this APP. Will Roku update?!

Roku doesn't do the updates. The app developers (Google) do the updates. When they update it, it will be reflected in the app and on the Roku Website.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Jump to solution

Seemed to open for me.  Pressing *button yields Google Play Movies and TV Version 2.1 build 2020113

Perhaps you need to update this channel by pressing *button, select Check for Updates.

Otherwise uninstall Channel, followed by System Restart, then reinstall Channel.

Located in US, using Roku Ultra 4660.

DBDukes
Level 15

Jump to solution

@ItsAme wrote:

Roku doesn't do the updates. The app developers (Google) do the updates. When they update it, it will be reflected in the app and on the Roku Website.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)