Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Globoplay Channel on Roku Premiere <in Brazil>

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have a Roku Premiere 3920X, bought in the US but currently in use in Brazil. I noticed that Roku started selling Roku TVs in Brazil, making Globoplay as one of the channels available:

https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/details/564736/globoplay

However, it is blocked for my account. Again, I'm using it from Brazil and several providers are still blocked here. But it doesn't make sense to me that Globoplay is blocked for Premiere (and other Roku devices?) and will only be available for the TV.

Hope this can be fixed!

Kind regards,
Luiz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Globoplay Channel on Roku Premiere <in Brazil>

Jump to solution

@luizperin  Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the Brazil region for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Pois é, como pode ver na minha postagem de ontem:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Prime-Video-working-on-Brazil-but-not-on-my-R...

Estamos em situação semelhante, vi que na TV ACO com Roku já estão listados até o Google Play e o Prime Video, que funcionam lá, mas no meu Roku Ultra, além de não aparecerem na lista, o Prime Video aparecia antes do lançamento desta TV e então desapareceu como mágica. Não entendo esse critério da Roku.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@luizperin  Thanks for reaching out. If you had a Roku account prior to our official launch in that region, your account is likely not located in the Brazil region for access to the correct channel selection. You'll need to create a new Roku account at my.roku.com from your Brazil-located internet connection in order to create an account in the correct region. 

Then, you'll factory reset your devices to remove them from your current account, and go through the setup process to link them to your new account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels available in your location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, my account is from Brazil I'm located in Brazil but I can't download the channel on my Roku

By the search in Roku it doesn't appear.

And by link the button is disabled

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@R-AS 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos