Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Global button on controller

To access I had to link to my cable provider. It now says it is free for 7 days. How do I find out the cost and who is going to charge me. Also if I change my cable tv plan, do I loose these shows

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Global button on controller

What channel are you talking about?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Global network has many channels or programs. To have access I needed to link to our cable tv provider. Upon completion a statement came which read, based on our cable package the following Chanel’s are available ( which are the ones we currently get) We then saw that it was a 7 day free trial. Local cable tv rep unsure what roku does

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Still a little confusing as to exactly which network or channel. A search of the Roku channel store has a ton of networks with the name "Global". You may need to contact the network, or look at their web page, to see what restrictions they have on certain devices. One example is CBS. Their channel app, CBS All Access, is separate from the broadcast network and requires a monthly fee to actually use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Andyross,

I live in Canada and the roku controller has 4 buttons, Netflix,Disney,Roku,and Global. I did not go to the roku channel store to access. The Global channel on our cable tv provider has all of the programs we get in a streaming format now with roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

OK. So it sounds more like turning your Roku into a cable TV box replacement. If there is a Global button on the remote, did the Roku come from Global? After going to the GlobalTV web site, there was a link to the app, but I cannot add it as I am not in Canada.

It's a little hard to say exactly how it authorizes. I have Comcast Xfinity, and it's the typical thing where I have to log into my Comcast account with a browser and enter an authorization code to use their Xfinity Stream. Plus, I think some channels may not work if I am not using my home Comcast Internet, although I'm not certain if that applies to this app, or only the phone/tablet version.

I tend to not think it has anything to do with Roku itself, but something about getting your device properly authorized with your Global account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for your help, will chase down our cable provider (Shaw) and Global. Will let you know how I make out

0 Kudos