Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lathama
Level 7

Global app returns to Home Screen minutes after starting a show

Recently download in the Global app but when I start watching a show within a few minutes the streaming stops and I get kicked out to the home screen repeatedly. I have deleted restarted re-added and try it again, but no luck. Kicks me out every time 😒 any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5\
AmandaJH
Level 7

Re: Global app returns to Home Screen minutes after starting a show

Same issue. I am signed in and everything but it won't stop logging me out on ruko

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@AmandaJH

Thanks for the post.

We would like to gather more information about the issue you are experiencing. What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is plugged into a wall outlet? Does this issue happen with just this channel/app or does it happen with other channels as well?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csebba
Level 7

I have a TCL Roku TV.  I am plugged into an outlet.  I can be watching a show on ANY of my  streaming channels. (usually at the beginning of the show) and I am kicked out of the show and taken to the home screen.  (If I go back to the show it starts again from the beginning and kicks me out at about the same place in the show)  It does not happen on my other Roku sticks on my other TVs.  Have an excellent connection and download speed.  Have rebooted numerous times.  Doesn't happen all the time, but is happening more and more.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@csebba

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csebba
Level 7

Not just after selecting channel, but after starting a show, it stops and returns to Home screen.  After trying to restart the show, goes to about the same place and kicks me back to the home screen again.  This is happening on different channels.  I have an excellent wifi connection and good download speed.  It only happens on my TCL TV, my Roku sticks on my other TVs work fine.  Have rebooted tv, router, channel, Roku with no improvement.  It used to happen less, but is happening more and more.

Your Roku device model  7130X - Roku TV
Serial Number YNOOLJ695453(J3989L695453)
Device ID 1809GTC003549AD1751 (???? SN on back of TV)
Software version 10.0.0 Build 4209-30  
What channels and what version/build are the channels: All my streaming channels, including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+
Issue ID  53-397-080

I removed the batteries from my remote, downloaded the Roku remote from Google Play store and tried to continue to watch Monsters at Work on Disney+.  It again kicked me back to home screen.

0 Kudos