Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

Global TV Is Awful -Non-Responsive and Commercial Ads

Serious issues with Global TV channel on Roku on my TV, first issue is the rewind or forward doesn't work. It spins around and does nothing. Then it goes back to Roku main menu and I have to start over again looking for the program I was watching. 2. It freezes in the middle of a program, again have to start over again. 3. Too many commercial interruptions, way too many. So many issues with it, yet on my desktop it works a little better. It's not worth watching on Roku. Global sucks.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Global TV Is Awful -Non-Responsive and Commercial Ads

@Jetprop8 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue is still not resolved, you'll want to contact Global TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Still bad - random or constant crashing - ads pop up while fast-forwarding or rewinding instead of when playing - then exits show after ad ends instead of returning to show.

Garbage.

Tried removing app, restarting roku and reinstalling app.  No joy.  Still **bleep**.  Well goodbye to the worst network in Canada.

Jetprop8
Streaming Star

Since Oct 1, 2021 There has been no improvement since my initial complaint about Global TV app in Canada. It is one of the worse apps in Roku. Several times I have had to remove the app, reinstall and it’s no better. As soon as I turn on a program -I get commercial ads, 4 of them.Then I get a spinning wheel and the show does not start. The app does not respond to Roku stick buttons for: fast forward, backwards, etc. Global TV app also does not have Episodes listed, you have to start on the 1st episode and try to find the next one! Good luck with that.  Then, you can't remove shows you've watched on your List. The list goes on and on on the **bleep** app from Global TV.

There is no other app in Roku that plays 4 commercial ads "BEFORE" you even watch a show!! None.

Then ads run throughout the program. It makes using this app a waste of time. With the billions in profits GlobalTV gets from Bell Canada Media, you’d think they would build an app that works. I already have an TV provider and have to keep on entering my acct name/password over and over again to access shows on GlobalTV. I also can not view shows that I already get with my TV provider and several times I enter via my TV provider (Cogeco) and it doesn’t work, I can’t login to Global on Roku. Then I get another portal called Bell Media and have to sign up for an account with them. This is nuts. Roku should remove this channel until they fix their massive problems! Every other app I use on Roku works fine. cc to: @RokuDanny-R  no, nothing you suggested fixes this app, it is defective, please don't ask me again to install and uninstall, the app is seriously flawed and needs to be removed from Roku until it operates correctly.

0 Kudos
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

You are right Allan, this app still is deeply flawed. I've been complaining since 2021 and still have the same issues. I try to watch a show, get the spinning wheel, then I get 4 commercials before I even watch the introduction of a show episode. I do not get a list of episodes to choose from, so there is no menu.  I also get it stalling, and have even had to log in with my cable TV provider (Cogeco) and that even has failed. I fail to see how Global TV makes billions in profits and it still can't make an app that works in Canada. I have other free apps that work far better: Pluto, Plex and similar apps without sign ins, without setting up accounts that don't work and you have to keep signing in with Global - just to prove you are a paying viewer with a cable TV provider. This is nonsense and Roku must demand these huge TV networks to get their apps fixed and operable or remove them from ROKU. These Canadian apps are pathetic and faulty and CTV app is no better, it's worse. Thanks for listening, ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @allanmacdonald @Jetprop8

Thanks for sharing your input with us. 

We sincerely regret any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. Since you have already taken all of the possible troubleshooting procedures to no avail, we highly suggest continuing to communicate with them, as most apps and channels on the Roku streaming platform, including the Global TV app, are being created, updated, and maintained by the channel provider independently. You can contact their Customer Support and inform them about the issue. 

As a workaround, you can try to highlight the Global TV app, press the star* button on your remote, and select Update app

In the meantime, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, or feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to help you anytime. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jetprop8
Streaming Star

I update the app even before I use it by using the * button every time to update the app, I thought that would fix it but it does not. The Global TV app is faulty, requires people to sign in with their Internet provider.  It's ridiculous what you have to go through with this app. I will delete it as soon as I find a replacement app like CBS for some of the shows I want to watch that I have missed on my TV as I pay for cable tv also. The app is very slow with a spinning wheel on every press of a button, and the advertisement are on a repeat loop, you can not move forward, pause, or rewind on my remote.   No response is necessary, and I know it is not Roku's fault here. Other apps work perfectly like Pluto, Tubi and others without all these faults and sign in requirements. The Global app is useless. Thanks.

0 Kudos