Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
metalmessiah
Reel Rookie

Getting ESPN+ has been disabled message

Haven't been able to get ESPN+ on my Roku since last June, at least now it recognizes the app, thing is it gives me no option to reenter my login. Only to contact a non existent customer service. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Getting ESPN+ has been disabled message

Try uninstalling the app, restart your Roku device, and reinstall the app.  I use ESPN + on Roku and have never had an issue.  What Roku device?  I assume you are using the ESPN app to access ESPN +

0 Kudos
metalmessiah
Reel Rookie

Tried that no change, never had an issue until the original roku stopped supporting the channel which forced me to upgrade to Express+. Don't have the Hulu/Disney bundle if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
metalmessiah
Reel Rookie

Just did a factory reset and no change. Can't understand why it is so difficult to stream ESPN+ on here, have no issues through my pc or phone.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@metalmessiah 

What is the Roku model number? Settings > System > About

Are you in the USA? Have your Roku devices always been in the USA?

How did you subscribe to ESPN+? Website? How?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I'm getting this error too.
No solution seems to exist anywhere. And it's not my Roku, so the solution isn't to remove the app and re-install. I have 2 Roku's and they're both kicking on the same error.

Within Roku, it is showing that I have an active ESPN+ account.

Yet I can't view any ESPN+ Content.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @domzduzt

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jcheske

I'm getting this message too. Just signed up for ESPN+. Removed the app and re-added it, still get the error. I can watch on my mac. Roku model 3810X streaming stick.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jcheske

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to ESPN+ support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Roku sucks!! Never an issue with fire stick.