Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Show Network

Jump to solution

When you add Game Show Network do you have to be subscribed through your cable service in order to watch?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Game Show Network

Jump to solution

@NancyButler @TerriG 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Game Show Network support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jjanel

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Game Show Network support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
TerriG
Reel Rookie

GSN app won't play

Jump to solution

I added the GSN app, signed in through Xfinity but every time I try to play a show the app closes and goes back to my home screen. I have uninstalled, checked for system updates, did a system restart and reinstalled, it still won't play. 😒

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NancyButler @TerriG 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SuePado

Re: GSN app won't play

Jump to solution

I can't get Game Show Network to work on my Roku device either.  I have tried to find someone to contact but haven't had any luck.  Could you please let me know who at Game Show Network I should contact?  I have added the GSN channel on my Roku device and when I click "go to channel" it brings me right back to the main page with all the channels.  It's very frustrating.

Jjanel

Re: GSN down for a week. Now no audio.

Jump to solution

Starting a week ago there was just a green screen. I checked directly on game shownetwork.com and got the same result even with a totally different network ISP.

A couple days ago there was just a repeating GSN logo. Same directly on their .com

Now the .com works, but on Roku there's no audio at all. Other channels get audio okay, and my device has no volume control. So Roku isn't delivering the GSN audio.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jjanel

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
connie53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is it possible to get the Game Show Network without a cable provider?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @connie53

I hope you're doing well.

Game Show Network on Roku requires a cable provider for full access. We would recommend reaching out to Game Show Network's support team to see if they have any options that may allow what you are looking for.

You can contact them here: https://www.gameshownetwork.com/contact

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
UncleJoe2

Re: Game Show Network App Not Working on Roku

Jump to solution

you'd think someone from Roku would make the inquiry for all of their customers.

0 Kudos
UncleJoe2

Re: Game Show Network & Lame Answers from Roku

Jump to solution

pretty lame answer.

0 Kudos