Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadegg
Level 7

Game Purchase Won't Show on Home Screen

I purchased the game Galaga on September 27, 2021 and after multiple resets and upgrades, it has yet to show up on my home screen. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please see the invoice below:

Invoice Details

Item Name Developer   Price

GalagaBANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. $4.99

This invoice reflects recent activity on your Roku account. Purchases are usually charged to your payment method on file within twenty four hours.

Did you know you can view your purchase history and manage subscription purchases online? Visit Your Account.

Invoice Total:$4.99

Payment: Credit Card (ending XXXX)$4.99
New Balance:$0.00
Customer Support
Web: go.roku.com/accounthelp
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Game Purchase Won't Show on Home Screen

@wadegg 

Did you purchase it from the Roku device directly? Or from a Web browser at https://channelstore.roku.com/ ?

Yes, that can make a difference, if you have more than one Roku device on your account. Do you? https://my.roku.com/ and scroll all the way down.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wadegg
Level 7

Thanks for your reply! I purchased it on a web browser from the Roku Channel Store and I have only 1 linked Roku device..............................................................................................................................................................................................

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@wadegg wrote:

... I have only 1 linked Roku device. ...

Gotta ask: Do you say that because 1) you just know that, or 2) because you went to https://my.roku.com/ and scrolled all the way down and looked at the list of linked devices?

Oh, and spaces work as well as periods, and keep a cleaner look. Darn 140-character minimum.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
wadegg
Level 7

Only one linked device. I checked it online just like you said.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@wadegg 

Sorry. Had to ask.

My thought regarding a cause is not going to apply then. The Web interface is suppose to allow you to add any app that is supported by any of your Roku devices. If an app is supported by just one, it will show. If it's not supported by any, it should not show. That's how it worked years ago, and how I thought it still worked.

However, if you only have the one device on your account, the Web Channel Store should only show what your one device will support.

Can  you locate the app in the Channel Store on your Roku device?

By the way, which device? Model number and Roku software version are helpful. Settings > System > About

Tagging: @RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D 

EDIT: One other thing. You did scroll all the way through the apps on your Roku device, right? New apps usually appear at the bottom, which you can access from the top of the menu by scrolling up.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
wadegg
Level 7

I only have 27 apps showing on the home screen and I scrolled all the way through them. I tried to look up 'Galaga' on the Channel Store and couldn't find it anywhere. 

Model 3941RW-Roku Express 4K+

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@wadegg 

Do you find it in the Channel Store on the Roku device? You found and added via Website. What about on the device itself?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
wadegg
Level 7

I have not been able to find it on the device. I've searched every way that I know possible. I even looked through all of the games on the Channel Store as well.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@wadegg 

That means the app isn't supported on your device. I suspect it uses the old gaming remote, but that's just a guess on my part.

Since it's not supported on your device -- a conclusion based on it not appearing in the device Channel Store -- and since you have ever only had the one device, it should not have appeared in the Web based Channel Store with you logged in.

You will have to get help from @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D 

They'll likely have you go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and submit a form, but also follow any other instructions they have.

DBDukes

0 Kudos