Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamerNews
Level 7

GLWiZ app removed without notice

Today when I turned on Roku, I noticed that my paid service through GLWiZ app was automatically removed without prior notice. Is this a standard business practice ? Or is this a mistake. 

thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: GLWiZ app removed without notice

Roku will immediately remove a channel if it violates their terms of service and/or involves piracy.  Is there any IPTV service that doesn't involve piracy?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Edik1371
Level 7

we have to say goodbye to glwiz for not the following copyright.  last year removed from google store than Samsung smart tv and   now Roku 

0 Kudos
Pirouzian
Level 7

It would be nice if they gave users an advance notice. It is not professional to remove it without any notice. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's not professional to pirate content either.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Edik1371
Level 7

its official. GLwiz lost its business and soon closing its doors. Court order has been issued and all app stores have kicked them out. One post I saw shows over 100 million dollars law suits. 52 million alone from another media company and the rest is GEM, Some book publication as its seems like they were selling book or digital book on their app without paying a penny. Next going to file for a refund from son of the b....ches that don't have the guts to answer their customers. Bunch of liers.

0 Kudos
darabaf1
Level 7

It might be some misunderstanding as GLWIZ says they are working hard to restore the service and compensate the disruption.  It’s true that nobody supports piracy but customer service and communication of the issues and transparency from all service providers is what customers deserve.

0 Kudos
Rabharattab1
Level 7

I had a text message from GLWIZ they have a new app GLWIZ PLUS.

Search in your samsung hub apps.

Download GLWIZ PLUS.

0 Kudos
AliQazvini
Level 7

So did you download the app? Are you using it know?

0 Kudos
Rabharattab1
Level 7

search samsung hub for GLWiZ PLUS.

0 Kudos