Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hhh814
Channel Surfer

Re: GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Jump to solution

Try using the following link to activate instead of what the Roku instructs you to use. watch.globaltv.com/activate

I'm on Rogers and that's how I get it to work and give me all my channels that I subscribe to (which is every channel in the package). I used the above website on Chrome on an android phone. 

Jump to solution

What to do

0 Kudos
hhh814
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try using the following link to activate instead of what the Roku instructs you to use. watch.globaltv.com/activate

This is different than what the Roku instructs you to do. 

Watch.globaltv.com/activate

Taadaa

Jump to solution

I went to watch.globaltv.com/activate on Chrome on my phone. Entered the code and was signed in but missing channels included in my tv provider (Telus). Annoyed because all my channels show up perfectly on the global tv app on my phon.  Roku sign in did not prompt me to sign with my Telus credentials.

Here's what worked for me:

Signed out on the Roku global tv channel/app.

Used INCOGNITO MODE on Chrome browser on my phone and went to watch.globaltv.com/activate.

Entered code.

A second window opened on my browser and promoted me to enter my tv provider user details.

BAM. All my subscribed global tv channels appear on my Roku TV.

Hope this works for you all.

PhoenixJennie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue, except mine says I can only access Global News!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PhoenixJennie

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ScottTV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. But also check your Wifi settings in Roku. If you use the 5G bandwidth, the Global App may not work correctly.

hhh814
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@PhoenixJennie wrote:

I'm having this issue, except mine says I can only access Global News!

Use this link instead to log in. Don't use the one they tell you to use when setting it up. This always works for me. 

Watch.global/activate

PhoenixJennie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I actually tried them first and they said it's not them and I'd have to figure out how to get support for the app itself.

0 Kudos
PhoenixJennie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh my goodness, seriously?? Thank you!! I AM using 5G!