Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcastilllo
Reel Rookie

Re: GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Jump to solution

I figured it out, I can't recall noticing this before when signing in but anyways. On the global activate site there is one that is for apple and Android sign in and then another page for Roku and firestick. Watch.global/activate is the one needed for roku, when I was signed into www.global/activate it would not give me proper subscription. 

Sherrie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yay!!!

That worked... the activation had to be under the Roku....i did not see that before.

Thank you so much for looking into that further.

Have a great day!!!

0 Kudos
r_mk

Jump to solution

I am having issues activating global app.. I am entering the activation code using the correct roku site.. I select Shaw as provider and enter log in credentials and it just goes to a blank screen? Is this a Shaw or roku

UPDATE: was activating on my iPhone and was able to successfully activate if I went to the activation site through safari NOT google

0 Kudos
hhh814
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That new activation website you mentioned does not work. I'm having the same issue. I have access to all the channels via the global tv app on my phone, but Roku says that I only get Global and GlobalNews

0 Kudos
Bobbin

Jump to solution

Do not use Google internet on your phone, use safari or any other internet your phone or tablet comes with to active your global channel on the roku. Definitely do not understand why the internet used to sign in would matter. But this is what worked for me. Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
DrWilmore
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve tried using a desktop computer to no avail. 

0 Kudos
DrWilmore
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why canʼt I access the specialty channels I am subscribed to when I sign in with my Bell cable credentials?

Unfortunately Bell has made a decision that prevents subscribers from unlocking the additional content from HGTV, Food Network, W Network, Slice, National Geographic and Adult Swim vis the Global TV app. We encourage you to share your feedback with Bell directly. Note that you will be able to access the Global TV and History On Demand and Live-stream content with your Bell credentials.

0 Kudos
hhh814
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It works. But the instructions are wrong on the set up guide. 

The Roku set up told me to go to globaltv.com/activate, but that didn't work. 

The correct instructions are to go to watch.globaltv.com/activate. If you use that it should work. 

0 Kudos
ScottTV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, only News and some pre-recorded shows will work with Global App on Roku. Why? Because it is based on your Cable subscription package. How can this be, if my Cable subscription includes these channels anyway? Because in my case, Bell. Bell is my Cable provider. And when you sign in with your Global App, Bell places restrictions on the content you can stream. Why? Because these channels are ordinarily paid Cable subscribed Channels. So if Bell feels you need to upgrade your Cable subscription with additional Cable boxes for additional TV's.  It is to prevent people from accessing free Cable on TV's. The App should work fine on a tablet or Smart phone. But TV is Bell's territory. So you won't be able to use it on Roku. Of course you could use "Cast mode" to TV on you Tablet, and Cast the App. Or find a cheap Roku Cable provider app that can access these channels for a minimal monthly fee. 

0 Kudos
Nolocality
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This may be incorrect. I pay for Shaw cable and and I still cannot access those channels on the roku despite signing in with Shaw. 

0 Kudos