Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sherrie
Reel Rookie

GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Jump to solution

Hello, 

My TV Subscription includes all the channels on the Global TV app.  HOwever, in the room with the Roku Premiere (where there is no cable).  The app says I only subscribe to Global TV and Global TV News.  Is there an ongoing issue?  Why can't I get HGTV, W channel, etc on the Roku but I can get them on my phone?  In other words, when I sign in on my phone, it acknowledges that I have all access but on the Roku I don't.  Please advise.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: GLOBAL APP NOT FULLY WORKING FOR ME

Jump to solution

@Melody1 @Sherrie 

Thanks for the clarification.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They will be able to best assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mcastilllo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured it out, I can't recall noticing this before when signing in but anyways. On the global activate site there is one that is for apple and Android sign in and then another page for Roku and firestick. Watch.global/activate is the one needed for roku, when I was signed into www.global/activate it would not give me proper subscription. 

Sherrie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yay!!!

That worked... the activation had to be under the Roku....i did not see that before.

Thank you so much for looking into that further.

Have a great day!!!

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sherrie 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

If you have a TV subscription, are you authenticating the channels you are trying to watch with the TV subscription information? When you say that you are able to sign into your phone, are you signing in through Roku or through the channel providers directly?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sherrie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am talking about using the Global tv app.  When I sign into the app using my phone all the channels that I have purchased work on the phone; including HGTV.  But when I use the Roku box to sign into the global app, it only give me Global TV and Global news.  i do not understand why because I pay for all the other channels that are on the Global TV app.

0 Kudos
Melody1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, I can only get Global TV and Global News as well as History Channel but none of the other channels on the streaming app is working but our cable subscription includes all of the channels so I should be able to have access to all the channels in the app but can not.

Thanks, Melody

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Melody1 @Sherrie 

Thanks for the clarification.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They will be able to best assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zilla

Jump to solution

I am currently having the exact same problem as well

0 Kudos
Mcastilllo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did get this issue fixed? I'm currently having the same problem last week it was working fine today it shows that I only have Global and Global News to contact in the TV provider so the issue? Just curious if you did get it resolved to save me some time running around

0 Kudos
Nolocality
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar issue. 

We are trying to login to the Global TV app on the Roku. When we go to the sign in page on the Global TV app, it provide an authentication code, which you then need to enter at watch.globaltv.com/activate. When you do that, you are then prompted to login with your TV service provider's credentials (we use Shaw TV). After that, we are getting the error that we have access to all channels EXCEPT Global (which is not correct, since Global is in our base package). However, it does not authenticate the Global TV app on the Roku so we are stuck without being able to login on our TV. Talking to Shaw, they have no idea why it isn't working. 

0 Kudos
Mcastilllo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes it's Super strange. I still haven't had the chance to figure it out.  When we log into the Shaw app or global app on any other electronic it shows correct subscription channels. It's only on Roku it does not, which is why I think it's more a roku issue? But maybe it is both? as something is not syncing between the programs.  Let me know if you have any luck. It use to work a few months ago and now doesn't. Super frustrating

0 Kudos
Mcastilllo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, 

This is not a solution........ 

Many people have issues, Roku I think should inquire into it more... As it was working a month or two ago and now does not

#rokuglobalapp