Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronwilliams
Level 7

FuboTV no longer works with ROKU 2

FuboTV no longer works with ROKU 2. Other apps work fine. Switched ROKU 2 with other ROKU express and FuboTV works fine. Both ROKUs are software updated. However ROKU 2 is version 10.0.0-4195-04 and ROKU express is 10.0.0-4195-AE. Any thoughts before I go buy a newer ROKU?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: FuboTV no longer works with ROKU 2

Roku has five different models with a 2 in the name. Only two of them are still supported by Roku, and it's possible even those two are not supported by the channel you mention. Many channels simply won't work on the oldest devices. 

I did a quick web search and found a help page that says full functionality for models 3600 and newer, with limited functionality with 3500 and older devices. The problem is, the 3500 and 3600 are streaming Stick players, and those model numbers don't exactly match up with the regular player models. The 3600 was released in 2016, while the newest Roku 2 was April 2015. So you're right in a grey area, depending on which version of Roku 2 you have. 

But I do think you'll have no issues with any new model Roku. Compared to your Roku 2, they all have far more power and perform much better. If you need a wired Ethernet connection, the Ultra has one, and the new Express 4K models support a 3rd party USB network adapter. I just bought a new Express 4K+ last week and used it during a work trip. Worked flawlessly in the hotel, and it's only $40. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos