Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeyblow
Reel Rookie

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

I use a fire stick, and I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
AframeDeb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm knocking on wood when I write this .. all of a sudden, about three days ago (today is February 24, 2022), I stopped having the issue.  I haven't had it go to the dark screen with the ad info in the top left corner.  I've done nothing to change the situation.  Perhaps they fixed it?  At least for me it appears to be fixed now.  It was constantly happening for me while watching HGTV but again, it hasn't happened to me now for about three day.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
mitch053
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I thought the same and noticed it didn’t happen for several days and then it happened at least twice today. I don’t think it has anything to do with the channel you are watching and more about the particular ads. Seems like certain ads cause it to hang up on the black screen. But a few weeks ago it happened about 5 times in 1 hour so it’s reduced now but not gone. 

0 Kudos
JVinOlathe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why has this issue not been fixed to this date? I see pages and pages of posts describing the exact same issue and yet no fix?

i have 5 Roku sticks as old as 5 years and as new as 1 year and they all experience the same problem lots of users have described for months. I also have a Chromecast stick and it works perfectly with no issues.

This is obviously a known and ongoing issue for a while now and reflects poorly on Roku which seem to be unable to fix the issue. I chose to buy the Roku sticks instead of the cheaper Firesticks and looks like I made the wrong decision.

0 Kudos
Joeyblow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its not a Roku problem its a Youtubetv Problem. Ive got Roku and Fire sticks and the problem hasn't happened on the Roku sticks yet but happens all the time on the firestick.

0 Kudos
JVinOlathe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Chromecast and does not have the issue. I also tested a fire stick for the last couple of days and did not get a single issue. However, all the various Roku sticks I have show the same issue. Look at all the posts in this thread, all of them describe the issue and it points to the Roku stick. I have personally done the uninstall, reset, re-install and clear cache procedure with no luck.

This seems like a lame attempt to divert the issue from Roku to YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
streamerman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Happend to me again several times this weekend. Can't understand why nobody can figure this out after all this time. 

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's a hardware issue and as such is too expensive to fix so they prefer to lose customers over recalling thousands of devices and fixing them....IMHO

0 Kudos
Joeyblow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I mean, I could take a picture next time it happens and show you the firestick plugged into the tv. I don't care one way or the other whether it happens on a roku or a firestick or whatever, I came here because I was having the same issue and was looking for a solution.

0 Kudos
jrv1003

Jump to solution

Any update on this? It is very annoying 

0 Kudos