Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiwiChris
Channel Surfer

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

@KiwiChris wrote:

I've just ordered a "Chromecast with Google TV" device. Looks good on YouTube. I'm officially done with Roku after close to 10 years. If I like this new device and it's remote, I'm going to buy 2 more for the other TV's in our house and sell the Rokus. It's just ridiculous that it's gone on so long.

Just letting you all know that the Chromecast with Google TV device I bought is working out pretty well. The UI is a little different, but it's still pretty easy to navigate. The best thing... No black screens. Thing of the past!! Yay! Come on in, the water's great!!

0 Kudos
Nancyde55

Jump to solution

I am having same problems, makes us so mad after a while, you end up missing part of the programs you are watching.  If you buy the most expensive Roku will that work?

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Who knows? They are not fixing the problem so a new purchase of a more expensive device is like rewarding ROKU for not fixing their existing problems.

0 Kudos
Hauteanman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

#Same issue.  Does this have anything to do with my sound bar

James1776
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Are you using the Roku combination streaming device and sound bar? I was thinking of buying one used to see if that option works as the sticks don't

0 Kudos
Hauteanman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
streamerman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Patience is running out. Happened again last night. How long do your investigations last before you can figure out a problem that has been going on for quite some time?

0 Kudos
Steelersx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Restarting does not fix the problem

0 Kudos
Steelersx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For me it is always ESPN