Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tich00
Reel Rookie

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

same here,  It does not happen on my two new ultras . Ever! the sticks do it multiple times per day so does my Roku TV

0 Kudos
Nova_Guy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue on DiscoveryGO

Roku Express 3930X

SW 10.5.0 build 4208-AE

It's only been happening for a couple of days

0 Kudos
Cinison31

Jump to solution

This continues to be on-going issue and annoyance for myself as well. This clearly an issue with Roku as no other devices are experiencing this. Please come up with a solution soon, Roku. This happening more frequently. As others have stated, it’s time for this to be addressed.

3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+
YHOOEL315219

10.5.0 build 4208-50

0 Kudos
AirMikey

Jump to solution

Problem happening with my Roku stick and YouTube TV on several channels.  Going to switch to Firestick.

0 Kudos
KiwiChris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing happens when my wife is watching the USA channel amongst others. She's pissed. This should've been fixed by now. It's known all over Reddit's YouTubeTV subreddit also, they just ask for data but don't actually fix the issue.

0 Kudos
KiwiChris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine was already unchecked. That wasn't the issue.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience.

We would recommend checking to see if you have limit ad tracking enabled on your Roku device. You can check by going to:

Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking > uncheck this box

Once this complete, try checking to see if you are still seeing the issue occur.

Please keep us posted what you find out!

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
KJD44
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I do not have that option. After going to "Advertising" I can either reset advertising identifier or personalize ads I have no option to limit ad tracking. However, once when the black frozen screen appeared I went up in the left corner where it says "ad info" and clicked on it I believe it instructed me to go to my google advertising settings maybe that might help. YouTube TV is run/owned by Google, correct? I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue with ROKU that isn't using YouTube TV

0 Kudos
dbeau
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens to me on Fox News only as well.

0 Kudos
dbeau
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just happened to me on a Liberty Mutual commercial.

0 Kudos
gototcm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know who "Danny" is speaking for nor where he works, but he obviously has no clue how to fix this ongoing problem.  For me, I ditched Roku and told my family not to buy the product because of its streaming issues that are well-documented and known for months.