Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Frozen black 'ad info" screen during commercials

Jump to solution

Same on 2 TV using Roku Stick,monky while watching FOX NEWS!

0 Kudos
rbrown777

Jump to solution

Same exact thing is happening with me over the past few weeks, and it has been getting worse the past few days.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled youtubetv, but it didn't help. 

I even bought a new Roku 4k stick to see if it helped...it didn't.

It seems like an ad is supposed to queue up, but doesn't, so it just sits there with a blank screen and 'ad info' in the upper corner.

Hope this get resolved soon!

KJD44
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Strange thing is this happened at the same time last year with an AT&T mobile Christmas commercial(originally I thought it was Verizon), the commercial would freeze, the problem was acknowledged by many as well. Eventually the commercial disappeared along with the problem. This isn't a commercial, so it should be interesting to see what happens. It's definitely maddening.

0 Kudos
Steven053

Jump to solution

Have we found a fix for this???

jeffreyh51
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I find it interesting that you replied with a "thanks for bringing this to our attention", particularly since this has been an ongoing issue with YouTube TV on Roku for quite some time (carriage dispute notwithstanding).

For me, I find that it does not occur on my Ultra 4 unit, but does on my Ultra 3, and all 3 of my Streaming Stick+ units...and frequently 4-6 times a day. On a whim, I cleared the cache on one of my sticks, and the issue went away, but only for a day or two. Note that it does not happen at all on my 2 Firesticks. To me, it appears to be some sort of cache issue, but I could be wrong. Since the screen shows only "ad info", with no ad, it may also be because there's no content being delivered under certain circumstances, and the screen then craps out. I'm at a loss, however, to understand why the Firestick doesn't experience any of this.

As I noted, this is an ongoing issue, and has been well covered online. I have no desire to dump my Rokus in lieu of Firesticks, but that's the direction that you're forcing me into.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience.

We would recommend checking to see if you have limit ad tracking enabled on your Roku device. You can check by going to:

Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking > uncheck this box

Once this complete, try checking to see if you are still seeing the issue occur.

Please keep us posted what you find out!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaBeck

Jump to solution

I get the same thing and I’ll have to pay more attention to what channels.  Definitely Fox News and seems less or not at all on others.  Also only seems to happen on YouTubeTV.  

0 Kudos
BarryKlein

Jump to solution

sn: G070L81884340W02

Fire TV version: 6341067.1

0 Kudos
MikeJK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I started having the same problem about a week ago. Don't know if this was coincidental but it was right after the Roku/Youtube TV dispute was settled.

At first it was mainly happening on Fox News, but tonight it happened while watching the game on the NFL Network. When the blank Ad Info screen came up I brought the game up live on the iPhone app. When ads ended on the iPhone it went back to the game but the Roku was stuck the AD info screen. I had to go back to the Live menu and select the channel again to continue.

0 Kudos